One of the areas that DataArt’s experts help the client is the development of an exceptional set of solutions for operating online grocery businesses. They are completely based on cloud solutions, everything is hosted on AWS. The custom-designed solutions are individually capable of meeting the complex and growing expectations of shoppers while driving better capacity and delivering greater resilience for online grocery retailers. These achievements have been proven in one of the world’s busiest markets for online groceries. To achieve this, the team uses cutting-edge technologies and when that’s not enough, we push the boundaries of what’s possible.
This is an ongoing set of projects, the main goals are: to develop new features, keep the system reliable and resilient, reduce risks, and improve performance to deliver the best UX for customers. We make the platform compliant with industry standards and customer requests.
The team develops and maintains the logic around searching for products and ordering products on the search page including spell correction, support for multiple languages, personalization of search results. The team also developed retailer controls that allow us to customize searches such as synonyms, blacklists, separators, upload of conversion, and velocity data.
The technologies that are used are Java, Spring Boot, AWS.
- Maintaining a robust, scalable, and stable product that is crucial to the success of the platform and the client’s retailers (more than half of basket additions are from searches)
- Achieving feature and metric parity with another general platform to enable the launch of the website
- Further improving the search ranking and adding smart search features to create a search offering that can compete with the best on the market
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of production experience in Java
- Experience working with Spring Boot
- Experience working with React.js
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience designing and using REST API
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience in integration with 3rd party systems and services
- Spoken English
- Style guide
- Code review
- Pair programming
- Static Code Analysis
- Code metrics
- Knowledge Base
- Version control: Git
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- System tests
- Performance tests
- Manual testing
- Automated testing
- Additional monitor
- Freedom to select tools
- OS X
- Methodology: Agile
- Architectural decisions are made by: Team
- Who chooses technology: Architect
- Project management software: JIRA
- Can switch project
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Language courses
- Temporary housing
- Help finding an apartment
- Visa Services
- Adaptation tips
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Chill room
- Integration events
DataArt is a global software engineering firm that takes a uniquely human approach to solving problems. With over 20 years of experience, teams of highly-trained engineers around the world, deep industry sector knowledge, and ongoing technology research, we help clients create custom software that improves their operations and opens new markets. Powered by our People First principle, we work with clients at any scale and on any platform, and adapt alongside them as they evolve.
We integrate our engineering excellence with deeply human values that drive our business and our approach to relationships: curiosity, empathy, trust, honesty, and intuition. These qualities help us deliver high-value, high-quality solutions that our clients depend on, and lifetime partnerships they believe in.
DataArt has earned the trust of some of the world’s leading brands and most discerning clients, including Nasdaq, Travelport, Ocado, Centrica/Hive, Paddy Power Betfair, IWG, Univision, Meetup and Apple Leisure Group among others.
DATAART IN NUMBERS
- 5000+ professionals.
- 25 years in operation.
- 26 offices in the USA, Europe, and Latin America.
- 13 countries.
- <10 % attrition rate.
- 31% women.
- Glassdoor review score — 4.8.
Team satisfaction survey 2020
- 95 % of our team members are ready to recommend us as a good employer to their friends.
- 92 % of our team members are ready to spend 2+ more years of their career with us.
- 75 % are satisfied with their total deal with DataArt.
- Healthcare & Life Sciences.
- Retail & Distribution.
- Travel, Transportation & Hospitality.
- Media & Entertainment
OUR CULTURE AND PRINCIPLES
People and relationships are the foundation of our success. We invest in long-term relationships, with our colleagues and clients alike. We’re a global technology consultancy with deep tech and domain expertise. We embrace change and foster an environment of experiment and learning which lets us illuminate our talents and apply them within our ecosystem.
PEOPLE FIRST: our relationships with clients and colleagues are based on mutual respect, no matter our differences.
EXPERTISE: open up your potential within DA ecosystem.
FLEXIBILITY: experiment and learn, embrace change.
TRUST: is at the core of our relationships with partners and colleagues. We lead via context and let professionals do their work the best they can.
Our policy of equal opportunities in employment
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of bias including age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. DataArt is committed to providing a working environment free from harassment and bullying and ensuring all staff are treated, and treat others, with dignity and respect. Our commitment to promoting equal opportunities and creating the workplace free of harassment and discrimination is supported by the implementation of respective policies and controls, provides an appropriate environment to encourage good performance and conduct at all its working locations, at all times.