We are looking for a hands-on DBA, technologist and architect who has experience in PostgreSQL implementation to focus on building the PostgreSQL Databases and administer them. This may also include migration of DBs and post-migration support from other RDBMS like Oracle etc. You'll be working in the Regional Level 3/SME team with Project Managers, SMEs, Database Engineering and Operations support dedicated to this function.
- Day to day administration PostgreSQL Databases
- Experience in PostgreSQL Installation 11,12 Production support
- Experienced in Backup & Recovery using native Backup utilities and logical / physical backups
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database
- Experience in user management and authentication methods
- Implemented and Configured Postgresql Replication for more than one hot Standby and also handled concepts like transferring WAL to standby machines to make sure zero percent data loss.
- Troubleshooting end user queries related to connectivity, performance, space etc.
- Well versed with Vacuuming concepts
- Creation of Clone Database for Development/Testing Environments
- Upgrades of PostgreSQL Databases and migrations from other RDBMS
- Installing and working on tools & clients like pgadmin
- Automate and perform regular database maintenance (e.g., Vacuum, Reindexing, Archiving, Connection pooling).
- Out of hours rota and weekend working as required.
- Ensure compliance with operational / change management guidelines.
- Support for application and infrastructure BCM tests.
- Knowledge of supporting Databases on cloud would be advantage.
- 5+ years of experience in providing DBA support for a medium/large number of databases in PostgreSQL. Experience in any other RDBMS technology will be a plus
You will have experience and knowledge of:
- PostgreSQL 11,12
- Replication and Disaster Recovery tools like Patroni
- Backups management using pgbasebackup, pgdump etc.
- SSL / Non-SSL based connections
- LDAP / Kerberos based user authentications
- Utilities like pgadmin, pg_badger
- Automation experience using shell scripts, iPSoft, Python, etc is a plus
- A good working knowledge of Redhat Linux.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good troubleshooting skills with an attention to detail and an ability to follow a process
- Ability to work and remain calm in a high-pressure environment
- Good team working skills but equally has to be capable of working alone
- Knowledge of Automation tools and processes will be an advantage.
- A university bachelor's degree in professional courses
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, is a global digital strategy and software engineering firm with about 18,000 international employees within its 44 offices in 21 countries. It is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
In 2000, Luxoft was established in Moscow under the direction of Dmitry Loschinin. In 2008 it acquired ITC Networks in Bucharest. In 2013, Luxoft was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, following an initial public offering of 4.1 million shares at $17.00 per ordinary share.
In January 2019, Luxoft was acquired by U.S. company DXC Technology. Luxoft partnered with LG Electronics to create a next-generation Autonomous Mobility concept vehicle that integrates consumers' personalized digital lifestyles into a driving experience. Luxoft enabled Switzerland's first Blockchain based e-vote platform with the City of Zug and Hochschule Luzern's Blockchain Lab.
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company is a world-renowned company. It has been present on the Polish market for over 11 years. We have offices in Krakow, Warsaw, Wroclaw, and Tri-City. We employ almost 2,000 experienced experts carrying out projects for over 40 clients from the financial, automotive, medical, tourist industries, etc. We work for many international clients, including the USA, Great Britain, and Switzerland.
So far, Luxoft Poland has made a name for itself as a company that offers work on innovative projects, we offer various experiences in the field of IT, opportunities for rapid development, an extensive training program, and attractive benefits for employees.
At present, 62% of Luxoft Poland employees come from Poland, and 38% from around 50 countries, including Ukraine, Brazil, Russia, India, Belarus, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, USA, etc.
At Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, as much as 85 percent of employees are experts with the "Senior" experience level, with at least five years of experience. We care about our employees, so every day we try to provide them with the best possible conditions for work and development.
Technology is our passion! We focus on top engineering talent means that you will be working with the best industry professionals from around the world. Because of that, Luxoft is a global family with an epic atmosphere – we love what we do!