Luxoft is looking for a senior software engineer who would be working with our Customer - one of the world's largest investment management companies. Based in Southern California, our client manages close to $2 trillion in assets and is working with Luxoft in a full-scale upgrade of their technology. We are looking for talented and ambitious people to work on the engagement in Luxoft ODC office in Krakow. It's a high potential engagement with opportunity to expand our reach into a large share of their new and existing business.
The project goal is to rewrite one of existing applications including re-platforming to AWS as well as adding significant functional changes and integrations with the other Client's applications. Above goals will be distributed among 3 dev teams.
- Work in a SCRUM team, close with client and business analysts, be able to quickly understand the new requirements and helps to identify the changes to the system.
- Develop and present recommendations from analysis of current solution. Assist in code peer reviews, build and test functional enhancements.
Identify areas for code refactoring. Review and contribute to development process and procedures to assist in the continual improvement of the development team activities.
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Responsible for fullstack development of Java and Typescript code to meet specifications and designs and using best practices. Development of a world-class web services code-base.
- Effort estimation and task breakdown - estimating cost of implementing new changes and identifying risk.
- 5+ years commercial development experience
- backend experience:
- Java 8+
- Messaging (JMS/Kafka/RabbitMq) is desirable
- QueryDSL is desirable
- DevOps experience:
- Linux, Bash
- AWS, Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes is a plus
- Python is a plus
- DBMS experience:
- Strong SQL knowledge must have
- Postgres/Oracle experience is desirable
- Development paradigms and best practice: GoF, SOLID, etc.
- Tests coverage metrics understanding
- Passionate about software development
- Committed for deadlines, self-organized, client-oriented
- Good communication skills
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, is a global digital strategy and software engineering firm with about 18,000 international employees within its 44 offices in 21 countries. It is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
In 2000, Luxoft was established in Moscow under the direction of Dmitry Loschinin. In 2008 it acquired ITC Networks in Bucharest. In 2013, Luxoft was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, following an initial public offering of 4.1 million shares at $17.00 per ordinary share.
In January 2019, Luxoft was acquired by U.S. company DXC Technology. Luxoft partnered with LG Electronics to create a next-generation Autonomous Mobility concept vehicle that integrates consumers' personalized digital lifestyles into a driving experience. Luxoft enabled Switzerland's first Blockchain based e-vote platform with the City of Zug and Hochschule Luzern's Blockchain Lab.
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company is a world-renowned company. It has been present on the Polish market for over 11 years. We have offices in Krakow, Warsaw, Wroclaw, and Tri-City. We employ almost 2,000 experienced experts carrying out projects for over 40 clients from the financial, automotive, medical, tourist industries, etc. We work for many international clients, including the USA, Great Britain, and Switzerland.
So far, Luxoft Poland has made a name for itself as a company that offers work on innovative projects, we offer various experiences in the field of IT, opportunities for rapid development, an extensive training program, and attractive benefits for employees.
At present, 62% of Luxoft Poland employees come from Poland, and 38% from around 50 countries, including Ukraine, Brazil, Russia, India, Belarus, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, USA, etc.
At Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, as much as 85 percent of employees are experts with the "Senior" experience level, with at least five years of experience. We care about our employees, so every day we try to provide them with the best possible conditions for work and development.
Technology is our passion! We focus on top engineering talent means that you will be working with the best industry professionals from around the world. Because of that, Luxoft is a global family with an epic atmosphere – we love what we do!