It's huge Java based trading platform used daily by more than 1500 individuals - split between internal traders and external clients. The most important thing is stability, throughput and latency. As a result, analysts, developers and support must all be focused on achieving the leanest, fastest system they can deliver, whilst at the same time delivering required benefit to the business.
As part of an ongoing program of change, the role will be to work within an existing scrum team whose product backlog includes
- ongoing changes and developing new features & components
- performance improvements
- infrastructure upgrades
You will :
- Work closely with other teams, business, BAs, peers to ensure we deliver good quality product
- Understand existing application technical details and make technical trade-offs between short-term needs and long-term strategy.
- Research, design most appropriate solutions to implement new features with limited guidance
- Focus on producing clean, reliable solutions that add business value and do not introduce technical debt
Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of Java experience working on large code bases.
- Strong sense of ownership
- Proficiency in software engineering practices for the software development life cycle (writing code, testing, code reviews, build process, etc).
- Team player with good interpersonal / communication skills
- Experience in communicating with peers, BAs, technical teams, business to collect requirements
- Experience developing real-time, distributed, high performance applications
- Multi-threaded programming experience
- Proficiency in spring framework, SQL
Exchange connectivity experience
- Knowledge of the FIX protocol
- Business knowledge of Exchange Traded Derivatives
- Business knowledge of Front / Back office processes (eg the lifecycle of a trade)
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, is a global digital strategy and software engineering firm with about 18,000 international employees within its 44 offices in 21 countries. It is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
In 2000, Luxoft was established in Moscow under the direction of Dmitry Loschinin. In 2008 it acquired ITC Networks in Bucharest. In 2013, Luxoft was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, following an initial public offering of 4.1 million shares at $17.00 per ordinary share.
In January 2019, Luxoft was acquired by U.S. company DXC Technology. Luxoft partnered with LG Electronics to create a next-generation Autonomous Mobility concept vehicle that integrates consumers' personalized digital lifestyles into a driving experience. Luxoft enabled Switzerland's first Blockchain based e-vote platform with the City of Zug and Hochschule Luzern's Blockchain Lab.
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company is a world-renowned company. It has been present on the Polish market for over 11 years. We have offices in Krakow, Warsaw, Wroclaw, and Tri-City. We employ almost 2,000 experienced experts carrying out projects for over 40 clients from the financial, automotive, medical, tourist industries, etc. We work for many international clients, including the USA, Great Britain, and Switzerland.
So far, Luxoft Poland has made a name for itself as a company that offers work on innovative projects, we offer various experiences in the field of IT, opportunities for rapid development, an extensive training program, and attractive benefits for employees.
At present, 62% of Luxoft Poland employees come from Poland, and 38% from around 50 countries, including Ukraine, Brazil, Russia, India, Belarus, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, USA, etc.
At Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, as much as 85 percent of employees are experts with the "Senior" experience level, with at least five years of experience. We care about our employees, so every day we try to provide them with the best possible conditions for work and development.
Technology is our passion! We focus on top engineering talent means that you will be working with the best industry professionals from around the world. Because of that, Luxoft is a global family with an epic atmosphere – we love what we do!