One of the areas that DataArt’s experts help the client is the development of an exceptional set of solutions for operating online grocery businesses. They are completely based on cloud solutions, everything is hosted on AWS. The custom-designed solutions are individually capable of meeting the complex and growing expectations of shoppers while driving better capacity and delivering greater resilience for online grocery retailers. These achievements have been proven in one of the world’s busiest markets for online groceries. To achieve this, the team uses cutting-edge technologies and when that’s not enough, we push the boundaries of what’s possible.
This is an ongoing set of projects, the main goals are: to develop new features, keep the system reliable and resilient, reduce risks, and improve performance to deliver the best UX for customers. We make the platform compliant with industry standards and customer requests.
The client wants to improve professionalism with regards to the management of resources in GCP, with a strong focus on data governance (but with the scope to include other good practices where it makes sense to do so). This role will involve discovery/data analysis to make sense of our estate - the data, resources, users, access, etc.
- Requirements analysis
- Software and data design
- Operating system automation (scripting/coding)
- Software construction (coding)
- Deployment of production-ready code
- Maintenance and support of existing infrastructure systems
- Investigation and resolution of production issues
- Performance tuning
- Code review and change control
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Research, development & optimization
- Knowledge of and recent experience of cloud service providers such as Amazon Web Services (ECS, EKS, IAM, Elastic Beanstalk, LoadBalancers, ASG, RDS, EC2, VPCs and VPNs, Cloudtrail)
- Demonstrable Java or Python programming ability with an in-depth understanding of underpinning techniques
- Experience with any tool allowing infrastructure as a code approach (Ansible, Cloudformation, etc.)
- Experience in the full Software Development life-cycle from design to deployment
- Understanding of databases
- Understanding of operating systems, orchestration, and deployment automatization
- Understanding the DevOps culture and its basic concepts, such as source control management tools, continuous integration / continuous delivery, deployment strategies.
- Technical Excellence: demonstrates intellectual rigor, possesses relevant abilities & is able to pick up new skills quickly
- Communication & Impact: strong verbal and written communication in English and Polish
Would be a plus
- Technology or similar technical degree
- Knowledge of SCRUM or other Agile methodologies
- Proven ability to tackle challenging projects
- Masters or other postgraduate qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Style guide
- Code review
- Pair programming
- Static Code Analysis
- Code metrics
- Knowledge Base
- Version control: Git
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- System tests
- Performance tests
- Manual testing
- Automated testing
- Additional monitor
- Freedom to select tools
- OS X
- Methodology: Agile
- Architectural decisions are made by: Team
- Who chooses technology: Architect
- Project management software: JIRA
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Language courses
- Temporary housing
- Help finding an apartment
- Visa Services
- Flight ticket
- Money for moving expenses
- Adaptation tips
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Chill room
- Integration events
DataArt is a global software engineering firm that takes a uniquely human approach to solving problems. With over 20 years of experience, teams of highly-trained engineers around the world, deep industry sector knowledge, and ongoing technology research, we help clients create custom software that improves their operations and opens new markets. Powered by our People First principle, we work with clients at any scale and on any platform, and adapt alongside them as they evolve.
We integrate our engineering excellence with deeply human values that drive our business and our approach to relationships: curiosity, empathy, trust, honesty, and intuition. These qualities help us deliver high-value, high-quality solutions that our clients depend on, and lifetime partnerships they believe in.
DataArt has earned the trust of some of the world’s leading brands and most discerning clients, including Nasdaq, Travelport, Ocado, Centrica/Hive, Paddy Power Betfair, IWG, Univision, Meetup and Apple Leisure Group among others.
DATAART IN NUMBERS
- 5000+ professionals.
- 25 years in operation.
- 26 offices in the USA, Europe, and Latin America.
- 13 countries.
- <10 % attrition rate.
- 31% women.
- Glassdoor review score — 4.8.
Team satisfaction survey 2020
- 95 % of our team members are ready to recommend us as a good employer to their friends.
- 92 % of our team members are ready to spend 2+ more years of their career with us.
- 75 % are satisfied with their total deal with DataArt.
- Healthcare & Life Sciences.
- Retail & Distribution.
- Travel, Transportation & Hospitality.
- Media & Entertainment
OUR CULTURE AND PRINCIPLES
People and relationships are the foundation of our success. We invest in long-term relationships, with our colleagues and clients alike. We’re a global technology consultancy with deep tech and domain expertise. We embrace change and foster an environment of experiment and learning which lets us illuminate our talents and apply them within our ecosystem.
PEOPLE FIRST: our relationships with clients and colleagues are based on mutual respect, no matter our differences.
EXPERTISE: open up your potential within DA ecosystem.
FLEXIBILITY: experiment and learn, embrace change.
TRUST: is at the core of our relationships with partners and colleagues. We lead via context and let professionals do their work the best they can.
Our policy of equal opportunities in employment
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of bias including age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. DataArt is committed to providing a working environment free from harassment and bullying and ensuring all staff are treated, and treat others, with dignity and respect. Our commitment to promoting equal opportunities and creating the workplace free of harassment and discrimination is supported by the implementation of respective policies and controls, provides an appropriate environment to encourage good performance and conduct at all its working locations, at all times.