Automation Test Engineer (First Direct)
First direct is banking’s best kept secret. We’re a bank that absolutely has its customers at its heart – which is demonstrated through the amazing numbers of awards we win for customer service, not just in the banking sector but across all sectors. We were the UK’s first phone bank and now we’re fantastic digital business, powered by amazing humans.
And we only want to make that better. We have ambitious plans to make the most of our current market position to really grow the first direct business. To do this we’re investing in building a best in class IT team. first direct IT work really closely with other business teams to ensure we create the right solutions for both the business and the customer and to support our strategic plans.
first direct is a member of the HSBC group and is one of the major contributors of profit to the Retail Banking & Wealth Management businesses (that’s everyday banking and investments to you and me). Retail banking services over 50 million customers globally and offers a whole range of banking products and services.
HSBC’s vision is to ‘Build banking’s leading technology company’ and first direct wants to lead the way.
The Test Automation Engineer role will work in a cross functional agile team, creating and maintaining test scripts for multiple phases of testing.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Creation and execution of automated test scripts against both UI and APIs
- Maintaining regression suites of delivered functionality
- Participate in engineering discipline, best practice and standards compliance within first direct and global IT
Who we're looking for?
The ideal candidate for this role will have the below experience and qualifications:
- Expertise in creating automated tests for API and Mobile UI Journeys (Essential)
- Experience of manual exploratory testing
- Previous experience working in a digital environment, which an understanding of any legal obligations required in running a digital channel, including EU Cookie directive, DDA (disability discrimination act)
- Strong attention to detail. Problem solving ability.
- Proven record in delivering under pressure and within a challenging environment
- Experience in TDD and BDD
- Knowledge of stubs and understanding of tooling required
The ideal candidate will be familiar with most and expert in some of the following:
- Automation tools: Selenium, Appium, Cucumber, REST-Assured
- Agile Tooling – Jira, Confluence, Zephyr, Slack
- Agile methodologies – Scrum, Kanban, Lean UX, XP
- Messaging Standards: MQ, ISM, TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, SOAP,
- Databases: Oracle, DB2
- Monitoring Tools: SPLUNK, APPDynamics
- Guidelines: W3C Accessibility Standards (WCAG 2.0)
- Continuous integration using Jenkins and Maven
- Stubbing solutions e.g. LISA, wiremock
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Working in a retail banking environment or a similar large enterprise
- Evidence of working in scaled agile
How we work?
- Healthcare package for families
- Healthcare package
- Life insurance
- Medical consultations in our office
- Employee assistance programme
- Free sport clubs
- Fitness, yoga and massages in office
- Multisport card
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- In-house language courses
- Financial and technology academy
- Access to leading e-learning platforms
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking