Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are an international pioneering technology leader that is writing the future of industrial digitalization. At the forefront is our Corporate Technology Center which provides industry leading software and deep domain expertise to help the world’s most asset-intensive industries solve their biggest challenges.
As a Software Engineer you will be in the front line of creating data analytics related services which empower human-machine interactions. There are already tens of thousands of ABB Ability™ Smart Sensors connected to different types of assets, and the number is growing. Our digitalized powertrains provide reliable data which is utilized in advanced algorithms applications. You will be part of motion analytics community/team working in an international environment, delivering cutting-edge solutions.
This is how we do things:
- We leverage software development, machine learning, statistics, signal processing and domain knowledge to find the most suitable solution
- We design, develop and deploy solutions which are further used by our clients around the world
- We believe in agile and start-up like approach
- We work on R&D projects hand in hand with our technological partners and research institutes
- Design, develop and deploy software solutions dedicated to condition monitoring and predictive maintenance of ABB Motion products
- Follow best software development practices to ensure high quality product and great user experience
- Working with Python and Azure as well as Azure devOps to build analytics and reporting solution
- Collaborate with Software Architects to ensure development work aligns with technical drivers
- Work in a cross discipline team, using agile development methodology that requires active participation in all team’s activities
- Design, develop, and release cross technology software solutions. Contribute throughout the product development lifecycle, as this team is fully responsible for product development and delivery
- Contribute to the team culture of quality and high performance in daily team R&D activities. Mentor junior level team members and peer review other team members’ work to ensure high product quality levels
- Work in a global team, share knowledge and experience with other team members
Who we're looking for?
- BSc, MSc, (PhD is a plus) degree in Computer Science or equivalent, 2+ years of professional experience in software development, preferably for data science applications
- Team player - capacity and willingness to guide and mentor software developers
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming and design patterns, good knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Professional experience with software deployment tools (git, CI/CD, Docker)
- Experience with Python and Azure, preferably experience with web development (REST API, basic front-end development)
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience with C# will be a strong advantage
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages