Our client is the largest Interest Rate Swap clearing house in the world, playing a crucial role in global financial infrastructure by clearing $3 trillion notional per day across hundreds of products.
We are looking for a talented Automation Engineer to lead the Continuous Delivery team, one of several highly skilled, cohesive development teams throughout the programme, to play a hands-on role in shaping SwapClear's automation capabilities to meet current and emerging technology demands.
The Lead Automation Engineer will play a major role in developing automation principles, frameworks, and tools and will provide expert technical support to enable automation of deployment and testing as we expand DevOps principles across the estate. Working closely with developers with varied backgrounds, product managers, and environment support teams, the Lead Automation Engineer will enable faster, more efficient software delivery cycles, with the overarching goal of reducing the cost of change. Applicants must be strong technical leaders and pioneers of best practices in automation. Technical excellence and a deep experience in best practice DevOps and Continuous Integration tooling and process is paramount.
- Represent and champion QA function within an agile team.
- Implementing test plans to deliver test phases on time.
- Design efficient functional and non-functional test scenarios and cases ensuring there is traceability back to all business requirements.
- Understand and organise the testing data.
- Enhancement of the test automation packs.
- Maintenance and execution of tests, recording of results and undertaking defect retesting.
- Reporting progress and issues clearly and concisely.
- Running test environments.
- Work with the team to resolve issues.
- Work to agreed timescales and ensure CI execution runs can operate within agreed time periods.
- Identify risks and escalate to the project stakeholders.
- Providing feedback where process improvements are suitable.
- Support external testing phases as required.
Who we're looking for?
This job requires strong skills:
- Degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics
- SDLC methodologies
- FpML or XML
- Agile testing delivery
- Test design techniques
- Test execution using GUIs and APIs
- Test automation on Java
- Able to anticipate and solve problems.
- Able to balance long-term corporate objectives with short-term project needs.
- Able to deliver to plan
- Excellent formal WRITTEN and VERBAL skills: ability to communicate technical or complex subject matter to non-subject matter experts; ability to communicate with peers.
- Excellent formal PRESENTATION skills: ability to communicate technical or complex subject matter to non-subject matter experts; ability to communicate with peers.
- Able to work in a project team and with other departments.
- Demonstrate an ability to learn new business and technical concepts quickly
- Must be self-motivated and keen to develop personally.
- ISTQB or ISEB Software Testing Qualification
- Interest Rate Swap Derivatives / Bonds
- Clearing workflows
- Risk management
- Regulatory reporting (incl. CFTC, EMIR, BoE...)
- Test automation on Murex
- Clearing and/or investment banking testing
- Results Analysis
- Defect Management
- Able to establish and maintain relationships at all levels across the organization.