Our client is the largest Interest Rate Swap clearing house in the world, playing a crucial role in global financial infrastructure by clearing $3 trillion notional per day across hundreds of products.
We are looking for a talented Automation Engineer to lead the Continuous Delivery team, one of several highly skilled, cohesive development teams throughout the programme, to play a hands-on role in shaping SwapClear's automation capabilities to meet current and emerging technology demands.
The Lead Automation Engineer will play a major role in developing automation principles, frameworks, and tools and will provide expert technical support to enable automation of deployment and testing as we expand DevOps principles across the estate. Working closely with developers with varied backgrounds, product managers, and environment support teams, the Lead Automation Engineer will enable faster, more efficient software delivery cycles, with the overarching goal of reducing the cost of change. Applicants must be strong technical leaders and pioneers of best practices in automation. Technical excellence and a deep experience in best practice DevOps and Continuous Integration tooling and process is paramount.
- Develop technical solutions to drive automation principles throughout SwapClear
- Fulfil line-manager responsibilities
The Continuous Delivery team serves several vital roles within SwapClear:
- Produce automated scripts for releasing new code and configuration into environments quickly and reliably
- Owns and continually improves the Ansible playbooks and roles designed to provision and update environments
- Executes a 1000-step Continuous Integration cycle to validate business functionality following the release of new functionality using developer-owned automated tests
- Targets end-to-end automation to achieve the goal of reducing the cost of changing and improving the time-to-market of new products and features
Who we're looking for?
- A strong desire to drive automation
- Experience with git, Unix servers including bash and python scripting, and database queries (Oracle)
- Experience in Ansible and Jenkins
- Experience in the application of DevOps culture, tools, processes and best practices
- Experience in Java and Typescript is valuable
- Capable in agile software development practices
- Communicates with clarity, precision and influence, presenting complex information in a concise format that is audience appropriate
Understanding of the Financial Markets and their practices