You will be joining a new team that focuses on developing Operations and Finance platforms. The platforms include real-time payment and supplier management processing, complex global financial accounting reporting and ledgers, high-volume trade processing and reconciliations, multiple trade affirmation venue workflow, firmwide profit and loss statements, investor client reporting, and employee HRIS systems.
- Work closely with business stake holders to develop software solutions using test-driven and agile software development methodologies
- Deliver software enhancements and projects supporting Point72's corporate Finance and Operations systems
- Design cloud-based computing solutions
- Be responsible for system upgrades, features supporting resiliency and capacity improvements, automation and controls, integration with internal and external vendors and services.
- Work with DevOps teams to manage, resolve operational issues and leverage CI/CD platforms, follow DevOps practices within the team and projects
- Continuously improve the platforms, using the latest technologies and software development ideas
- Develop close working relationships with other technology teams in the firm in order to advance cross team initiatives.
Who we're looking for?
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Knowledge of OOP and Design Patterns
- Experience working with .NET (C#, WCF, Windows Services, .NET Core)
- Experience in TDD using NUnit, MSTest or other frameworks
- Database design and development with MS SQL Server, T-SQL or other RDMS
- Experience with Docker containers or Kubernetes
- Understanding of / experience with CI/CD - preferably Jenkins
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards while working with sensitive data
- Understanding of (or desire to learn) portfolio accounting, securities clearing / settlement, fixed income products, equity trading, or compliance regulations.
- Knowledge or previous experience with micro services and messaging architecture (Kafka, ActiveMQ)
- Experience with any of ReactJS / Redux, NodeJS, ExpressJS, Angular etc. (or desire to learn)
- Experience with cloud-based applications - AWS or other cloud provider
- Experience developing ETL packages using Pentaho or NiFi
- Knowledge of No-SQL, Graph or other non-relational database technologies.
- Experience in one of the build tools like Webpack, Gulp or Grunt
- Knowledge of functional programming and using 3rd party libraries.