Are you a technically skilled Sybase DBA with 8+ years of experience?
Do you enjoy a challenge and are willing to push yourself?
Do you have knowledge of migrating databases across platforms and versions?
We are looking for a motivated, experienced and skilled Sybase DBA to assist our client's migration team with migrating and upgrading Sybase Servers to a new strategic platforms.
The Migration Factory team is tasked with moving infrastructure technology to new strategic platforms to enable numerous programs. As well as database, we support middleware, network, storage and Operating System moves. The migration team is spread across multiple regions and locations.
This role requires weekend support (ca. 2 Saturdays per month). The prod. activities can only be supported during pre-planned windows outside of business hours, hence the team participates in the shifts planning in order to cover the work. Each working Saturday will be compensated with a day off during the working week (before the closure of certain billing period). Flexibility of the candidate in terms of the weekend support is highly required for this role.
- Interacting with application teams to plan and execute the migrations
- Perform all technical tasks related to the move
- Building and documenting migration paths for new technologies
- Providing support to other members of the team
- Willing to work unsociable hours to meet the goals of the team including weekends
- Ability to work independently and set own priorities
Who we're looking for?
Your experience and skills
- You are an experienced Sybase DBA with time spent in the banking sector
- Production support experience of Sybase ASE 12.x, 15.x, 16 and Sybase Replication Server
- You have built and supported High Availability solutions, using varied technologies
- You are an articulate speaker that is able to share your ideas and work closely with application teams
- You have prior experience in migrating databases to new platforms using multiple techniques
- Able to report on progress in a clear and timely fashion
- You worked in the banking sector