About the client: Our client is a UK subsidiary of a global financial house working in multiple markets and asset classes.
About the project: We are looking to expand our team with a Senior Window Server Engineer. Successful candidate will become a part of a client team responsible for all aspects of the Windows Server estate across the client's organization
About our team: Rapidly expanding group developing and supporting a range of client projects.
About working environment: Our team primary locations are Kiev, Warsaw. We are working remotely in client environment. Currently the team operates fully in WFH mode.
- Take part in daily health and compliance checks for all Production systems as required
- Ensure all Windows Server systems are backed up successfully and any issues are promptly resolved
- Validate monitoring alerts are detected promptly and satisfactorily resolved
- Ensure sufficient capacity is available to accommodate projected BAU & project growth
- Respond to emails sent to the team distribution list in a timely manner.
- Handle incidents and requests with efficiency and a "customer first" mindset
- Maintain Windows Server platforms in a highly available, reliable, secure and performant manner
- General maintenance activities
- Provide technical support to application support and development teams
- Provide consultancy to application support and development teams
- Execute disaster recovery procedures when necessary and take part in regular DR tests
- Ensure patches and security updates are applied as per defined policies
- Maintain all operational procedures to ensure they are current and accurate
- Take part in On-Call & weekend work rotation; triaging and addressing production issues as they arise
- Identify cost saving and optimisation opportunities across the group.
- Build strong working relationships across the organisation
- Adhere to the core values of the bank.
Who we're looking for?
- Windows Server 2k8 / 2k12 / 2k16 / 2k19 related technologies
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and other automation concepts
- Git or other source code control software
- Security hardening principles in line with CIS industry benchmarks.
- Knowledge of networking, storage, database and virtualization layers
- Clustering and high-availability technologies
- Replication and disaster recovery
- Security and auditing
- Excellent knowledge of data security governance and regulations such as GDPR and SOX
- TCP/IP Networking Protocols
- Other scripting languages (batch, VBS, VBA & Python nice to haves).
- AWX / Ansible Tower
- REST API integration
- Service Now automation /integration
- Good working knowledge of GitHub, Subversion and TeamCity / similar tools
- Splunk and QRadar
- Understanding of DNS
- Nutanix HCI.
- EMC and HDS storage arrays
- EMC Networker, Data Domain and IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
- ESX VMWare
- IBM Tivoli and Netcool
- Active Directory, LDAP and Kerberos
- BMC Control-M
- SharePoint, JIRA and Confluence
- Working knowledge of cloud computing - IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings across Azure, AWS, GCP and Oracle