The Project Management Office is the nerve centre and information hub, coordinating support activities for a specific project or programme, or for a portfolio of projects and programmes.
As PMO Analyst, your role is to provide specialist hands-on support and expertise for project and programme managers. You may be called on to bring expertise to a specific high profile project or to deploy best practice across a portfolio of projects.
Responsibilities vary according to the project, but will include ensuring project plans and documentation are complete and up-to-date, tracking and reporting of performance and coordinating project governance arrangements and reporting.
You will play a proactive role in supporting project and programme managers to apply standard programme and project management methods and tools, and will also work with the Programme Director to ensure that processes reflect best practice and build on learning from project experience.
● Track status of programme/project deliverables and milestones
● Support adoption of project and programme management processes aligned to Programme Management Framework
● Coordinate and QA project and programme reporting for the portfolio
● Monitor status of projects transitioning into normal service
● Review completed projects and programmes to identify good practice.
● Support preparation for Steering Groups and prepare minutes
● Maintain RAID quality across the portfolio by requesting updates as required
● Update financial forecasting tooling in line with internal standards
Who we're looking for?
- At least 5 years' work experience, with some demonstrable PMO experience
- Has worked in an IT Background
(Optional )Financial Services experience
Tailor & apply best practice processes and tools to meet business needs
- Provide advice, coaching and technical support to embed their use in the project
- Stay up-to-date with emerging techniques and technologies and assess their relevance and potential value
- Continuously improve effectiveness of processes in area of expertise.
- Provide successful and consistent delivery of project office services for a large project or group of projects
- Establish project documentation requirements or procedures and advise stakeholders
- Use and recommend project control solutions
- Track and report project and/or programme progress and performance, identify issues and recommend changes when necessary
- Supports programme or project boards, project assurance teams and quality review meetings.
- No qualifications essential but any of the below would be welcomed:
o AGILE Project Management
o P3O Foundation / P3O Practitioner
o PRINCE2 Foundation
o Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Foundation