Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
As an Quality Engineer you will be a member of our Polish Operation Center team in Krakow, supporting delivery of MMS systems. You will be focused in the continuous improvement and validation of a wide range of software in the areas of data management, data integration, network modeling, network analysis, network security, operation optimization and real-time operation control.
- Use business requirements, solution designs and functional specifications to plan the testing and data creation activities required to ensure high quality deliveries to customer projects.
- Design and develop the functional and non-functional use cases and test cases required to verify that business objectives and functional requirements are satisfied according to the test plan.
- Work closely with engineering to specify the format, volume and tools needed to collect and process the data required for testing.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to obtain, prepare, process, validate and complete the data required for testing.
- Execute functional and non-functional tests part of smoke test, integration test, factory acceptance test, performance tests, issue resolution and regression tests, and track and correct data and test steps as required to ensure test coverage.
- Identify, track and investigate issues found during testing, collaborate with developers to replicate, fix and verify corrections and provide testing verification progress reports.
- Analyze test results and recommend improvements and corrective actions required to ensure adherence to a high-quality standard.
Who we're looking for?
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or computer science field and 2+ years of experience in the IT/IS industry in a technical support or consulting role.
- Experience in SQL language and MS SQL, Oracle, Postgres and other relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience in data formats (Excel, CSV, XML, JSON) and data transformation and ETL tools
- Familiarity with Linux, AIX, Windows, and other operating systems.
- Critical thinker, able to work independently and perform tasks and assignments with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and analytical skills.
- Ability to read, write and communicate verbally in English.
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Life insurance
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Teams integration and company events
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- On-line training platform
- MS Office license
- Bicycle parking
- Car parking
- Public transport subsidy