One of the biggest UK rail network companies operating with rail infrastructure and asset management has a need to develop and support enterprise-level information systems.
A successful candidate would:
- Provide expert design advice to capital programmes and projects,
- Ensuring specified design is reflected in funding allocation to programmes and individual projects.
- Contribute advice as a project team member of programmes and projects. - Manage stakeholders;
- Produce, finalise and approve all documentation for your projects;
- Apply experience and lessons learnt to ensure procurements keep to programme.
Act as the design authority for projects and programmes, responsible for the compilation of the high-level architecture to support programmes and their constituent projects based on the strategic vision.
Design solutions directly for Route Services Information Technology customers in the business, and check that the solutions built align with the as-is and to-be technical infrastructure.
Develop solution designs in line with RSIT strategy, standards and definitions allowing for the appropriate integration of enterprise interfaces, data and systems at a strategic level.
Set technical standards for development of the applications solution.
Engage colleagues in other areas of RSIT to verify that the proposed design fits in with existing/proposed infrastructure, and where non-conformant, reconfigure or seek exception approval.
Manage stakeholder understanding and expectations regarding the application design; confirming functionality meets business needs.
Use agreed application design to act as an informed buyer for applications development from third parties; validating specifications and commercial constraints are clearly communicated and understood.
Direct third-party resources to develop the application, acting as a point of clarification for complex design issues verifying that the end product remains on time, cost and quality target.
Verifying that programme/project related applications knowledge is shared appropriately in order to drive re-use of data, processes and technology where appropriate.
Who we're looking for?
- Extensive experience of working as a Technical Architect in a corporate IS function
- Experience of delivering architecture components / compliance within an environment where systems and services are delivered via outsourced arrangements with key suppliers
- Enterprise integration concepts and technologies
- Middleware concepts and technologies
- Web concepts and technologies CASE/Modelling tools
- Networking and Operating system concepts & technologies
- Willing and able to work in multi-disciplinary teams (RSIT colleagues, business functions, suppliers etc.) to resolve business issues and problems in a collaborative fashion
- Azure cloud platform
- Development experience within a web-based environment
- Data Management concepts and technology
- Process Management and workflow concepts & technologies
- Development lifecycles and notations covering structured, object and component-based approaches (e.g. IE, DSDM, RUP, UML)
- Document, Content and/or Digital Asset Management concepts and technologies
- Knowledge of specific applications