- bookingkit is Europe's leading booking and reservation management software for providers of tours and activities. We have challenged ourselves to digitise and revolutionise the market directly.
- We are actively looking for a new back-end or full-stack software engineer to join our experienced team. You will be responsible for building new APIs, the underlying business logic and models, as well as shared backend services. Your work will have tremendous influence over the direction and success of our latest product.
- We definitely need a developer with a focus on code quality, awareness of good practices and following modern design patterns. If you are a real craftsman, pay attention to details and enjoy writing a clean, maintainable code - you are the person we are looking for!
In a nutshell:
- Level - ★★★☆ ☆
- Our Tech Stack - PHP, Vue.js, MySQL, Redis, AWS, Cypress.io, Docker
- Perks - Flexible work time, Free subscriptions (Audible, Blinkist, Skillshare...), Yearly private travel subsidy, Extra free day to do charity, Team events, Sport leagues, relocation support…
More about your day-to-day
- As a member of an agile team you work together with your colleagues to develop and launch scalable, production-ready software.
- You take the responsibility for the quality in software development processes (code quality, test coverage, following programming and design patterns).
- Collaborate with DevOps & QA engineers, as well as product managers during product exploration to give context on feasibility.
- Contribute to the product, software architecture, infrastructure, tech stack, as well as the user experience.
- Share your knowledge and experience with other engineers.
- Remote option:
Work from wherever you are, while enjoying quarterly hack weeks with the product und development teams in Berlin. We provide you with necessary gear (Mac or Windows laptop).
- We invest in your future:
We care about individualized personal and professional development. We provide a diverse choice of Perks & Benefits - from team development budget to free subscriptions to platforms like Audible, Blinkist or Skillshare. Every “bookingkid” gets a Personal Development Plan and every team has a transparent Career Path defined.
- We live our values:
Flat hierarchies and #transparency are no empty promises! Share your ideas and #bookingkidness with us and contribute to our #growth. We #trust you to do a great job at your own pace: flexible working hours and home office prove it.
- We believe in work-life-balance:
You will work with the best in the industry- 90 great colleagues from 17 nations are waiting for you to join us. We love to share our knowlegde in bookingkit university, but of course there is always time for fun team events- our monthly Barbecues are legendary!
- You have at least 3 years of working experience.
- PHP language and PHP frameworks like Laravel or Yii,
- HTTP protocol, RESTful APIs,
- relational databases (MySQL),
- unit testing,
- Git and Gitflow,
- containers (Docker),
- You strive for high code quality and you are no stranger to design patterns.
- You are known as a teamplayer with positive and proactive attitude.
- You are fluent in English and communicate with internal stakeholders on a high level.
- Modern software design patterns and techniques (DDD, event sourcing, CQRS),
- NoSQL databases, caches and index engines,
- Frontend frameworks (Vue.js),
- Message queues / event streaming (Apache Kafka),
- DevOps skills (AWS, Gitlab, Jenkins),
Please state your earliest starting date and salary expectation when applying. We are looking forward to hearing from you!