This is an unmissable opportunity for a talented Enterprise Architect to shape the future of Clients's flagship numerical analytics platform that provides trusted answers and insights that move the world forward. The Client delivers truly world-changing insight based on rich content sources. This is a limitless playing field where we apply the most advanced analytics techniques and provide our clients with state of the art products and capabilities such as Quantitative Pricing Analytics.
We are building the Analytics Platform in the public cloud utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS). We plan to continually evolve the platform, its libraries and frameworks to serve a wide range of customer needs. The Analytics Platform utilizes cloud-native. It aims to ease development of complex, large-scale pricing analytic computations.
This is primarily a solution architect role where you will define a vision for the Analytics Platform, align it with the wider technology roadmap and deliver it in collaboration with the development teams. Technical responsibilities will be architecting streaming pipelines, analytics techniques, data models & APIs as cost-effective and secure public cloud services.
- Design enterprise architecture solutions that will fit into long-term business objectives.
- Lead architectural reviews and work with business leaders to manage business risks created by the use of technology.
- Act as technical liaison between management, product, business and development teams.
- Lead the development and continuous evolution of architectural standards and technical governance by collaborating closely with other architecture teams.
- Champion significant projects and business initiatives using demonstrated creativity and ingenuity.
- Reduce technical risk by participating in proof-of-concept work.
- Establish credibility & build deep relationships with senior technical staff to generate common understanding and relate their challenges to platform development strategy.
- Participate in deep architectural and requirement analysis discussions to build client confidence and ensure success in building new and migrating existing applications, software and services onto the Analytics Platform.
- Capture and share best-practices with Analytics Platform adopters.
- Present at internal workshops.
- Opportunity to author and contribute to publications such as whitepapers, tutorials etc. and also present at public conferences.
Who we're looking for?
- Hands on experience in building Quantitative Pricing Analytics systems of wide ranging characteristics - OLAP vs. OLTP, batch vs. low latency, streaming etc
- Proven design & implementation experience with large scale systems for enterprise-wide use.
- Proven experience in architecting successful systems utilizing leading Big Data technologies and public cloud.
- Able to handle migration of data and services from on-prem to cloud.
- Communication skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with management, product/business stakeholders and developers.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Ability to distil key technical challenges from business requirements and outline possible solutions.
- Working knowledge of current software development tools and methodologies.
- Ability to lead or conduct technology evaluation against specific objectives.
- Experience of working within an agile development team.
- Network architecture experience.
- Hands-on experience of building secure services using Public Cloud technologies.
- Quantitative background in Bonds, Swaps, Equities, Forex, Options, Exotic Options, Yield Curves.
- Knowledge of financial markets.