The client is a global technology company that touches nearly every aspect of travel. Their innovative software enables more than a billion people around the world to plan, book and experience their travel at a time and price that is right for them. By delivering the technology behind travel, the client is working magic behind the scenes every day to make the world a better place, one journey at a time.
- Build and maintain data pipeline, data transformation and analytical code.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing code for greater scalability, performance, reliability and maintainability.
- Build analytics software products that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights.
- Design and develop applications in Java, Scala, Spark, Apache Beam, Python using a variety of frameworks and tools.
- Design and develop software solutions in Talend, Dataflow, DataProc and other ETL tools.
- Understand and translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions.
- Work with the application development team to implement the data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models.
- Perform reverse engineering of code and physical data models from Java, databases and SQL scripts.
- Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Work with the development manager on a day-to-day basis.
- Work with other team members to accomplish key software development tasks
- Work with operation support team on transition and stabilization
Who we're looking for?
- bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- The candidate must have experience using the following software/tools:
o Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
o Experience with GCP and/or AWS cloud services: DataProc, Dataflow, BigQuery, DataFusion VMs, Kubernetes
o Experience with stream-processing systems: Apache Beam, Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
o Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
o Experience with ETL tools: Talend, Oracle Data Integrator, Informatica
o Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
o Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, Luigi etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; ability to work on multiple projects
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with a high degree of self-management and commitment to delivery timelines
- Proven interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to clearly explain technical concepts and analysis implications to a wide audience
- Experience and good understanding of travel business is a plus
- Familiarity with agile DevOps framework and processes