We are looking for Scala Developer who will provide analytical and technical support for large scale banking application. Role requires a strong application support background.
The ideal candidate will be viewed as being a Scala, Spark and Oracle subject matter expert with experience in microservices. The position requires the ability to communicate complex functional and technology solutions across differing audiences including technical, managerial and vendor.
We are looking for developer who is expected to be detail oriented, be able to work independently, as well as work closely with our onshore and offshore teams (L1, L2 and development team) providing also the Level 3 production support
- Analysis, Develop and maintain existing cube based reporting
- Interact with our internal customers and business users
- Triage and investigate user service requests and incidents comprising of application and data issues, then identify the source of the issue and determine possible solutions using deep technical and functional knowledge of our application.
- Creating problem tickets and defects using project standards.
- Identify system bottlenecks and opportunities for process improvements.
- Support process improvements to continuously improve the stability and performance of the application portfolio.
- Prioritize workload, provide timely and accurate resolutions.
Who we're looking for?
- 3 years of IT experience, with at least 2 years of programming/development experience.
Education & Qualification:
- BS/Engineering graduation in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Scala (or strong willingness to learn Scala)
- Oracle DB, PL SQL
- Shell scripting in Linux
- Memory Management
- L3 production support experience
Good/Intermediate knowledge in:
- Load balancing
- DB performance tuning
- Apache Spark
- REST Web services framework
- Eclipse/ IntelliJ
- Maven, Unix
- Preferably experienced in the Banking/Finance sector.
- Prior experience in managing and handling huge batch processing application will be a big plus.
- Experience being engaged with various stakeholders (Business users, BA's & support analysts) at different management levels.
- Expertise in Resolution, Problem/Incident Management, Operational Readiness, Application Monitoring, Service Analytics and Reporting, Incident Triage and Change/Configuration Management.