Service Manager - Transition to Service Operations
British American Tobacco (BAT) is one of the World’s leading consumer goods companies, with brands sold around the globe.
Our vision is to “Transform Tobacco” and our industry, so - during 2019 - we are setting up a new Tech Hub in Poland to support and drive our digital transformation. This is the start of the journey and we are looking for team player who is passionate about change and ready to support us in making digital part of our DNA.
To manage and ensure successful transition of IDT Services, Infrastructure & Engineering projects to BAU without impacting business continuity.
The operating model is balanced with BAT resources working with strategic partners to deliver the IDT services for the Enterprise.
Strategy & Planning
- Assist with the development of project scope, goals and deliverables that transitions a project into a BAU position
- Define the target SLA for the ongoing operations and embed within the project goals, objectives and deliverables
- Map the existing service to the target to be delivered by the project and ensure all BAT resources and 3rd parties are ready to move from existing SLA to target
- Ensure quality control procedures are used correctly
- Establish the IDT transition to support working methods
- Plan and schedule transition to support project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables in relation to transition of project deliverables.
- Adopt best practices and tools for transition to support.
- Understand and ensure Transition/BAU operational risks and issues are managed
Acquisition & Deployment
- Schedule the resources and participants needed to achieve transition to support goals.
- Manage finance and budgets for transition activities (forecasts, actual vs planned, etc)
- Develop full-scale transition to support project plans and associated communications documents.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project & services team.
- Identify and manage project & services dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Service Managers – ready the existing service to change from the AS-IS to the TO-BE to be delivered by the project
- IT Solutions Development, IT Project Delivery, IT Services, etc – Co-ordinate the activities needed for effective management and delivery of projects
- Project resources - Ensure quality, coordinate resources and provide assistance, coaching and advice on management approach, control and completion of products
- 3rd Party Vendors – non-commercial supplier relationships focussed on operational / project activities
- IT Standards & Governance – collaborate to ensure effective application of standard processes
- End markets / factories, Business reps, Functional and geographic IT Managers - Co-ordinate the activities needed for effective management and delivery of projects
At British American Tobacco we are committed to handling your personal data responsibly and with integrity. If you would like to read our Privacy Notice, please access the following link: https://www.bat.com/careers/en/privacy_notice
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for the next step of the recruitment process will be contacted.
Who we're looking for?
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE
- Experience in Service Operations or Service Transition or both depending on seniority
- University Degree or similar level gained through experience
- Ability to manage stakeholders effectively
- Ability to identify and manage risks, issues and competing priorities
- Demonstrates the ability to proactively take account of people issues and create a team environment.
- Strong planning and budgeting skills
- Experience in large global organisation using in-sourced and out-sourced IT service providers
- Strong vendor management and ability to extract maximum value and continually improve services delivered by external suppliers