Our client is a leading global Financial Markets data provider that runs a number of change programs to deliver high-quality software that connects Financial Markets across the globe in real-time, high frequency, and low-latency data management chain. The projects are technically challenging in an environment that is very engaging.
Due to business changes, it is required to reduce the complexity of current systems and processes. Currently, data is held across multiple disparate platforms. The new solution will deliver new, simplified technology and data platform that will allow the business partners to create new financial products in an easier, efficient, and quicker way to better service time-critical client demand.
The BA will work with the business team to identify requirements for migration of legacy application portfolio to the new platforms incl. upstream and downstream requirements, and the work required to bring the product requirements to life.
Stakeholders are both the product team interfacing with the clients, and a team of engineers and technical BAs, working in an Agile environment (Scrum Teams). Stakeholders are global-wide distributed. Development teams are based in the EU and US.
As a Business Analyst, your primary responsibility will be to own the documentation and facilitate the process of software development in the execution of the platform's project portfolio. Such projects normally include initiatives related to the end to end delivery of features and functions which could include but not limited to content integration, database enhancements, data model definition, quality assurance user testing, commercialization and other related initiatives. You will work within a team environment to execute and manage the integration of new and existing data sets; help design, develop, test and implement functions and processes to ensure successful delivery of commercial solutions.
- Develop, manage, and distribute project documentation, including functional requirements, project test plans and test result summaries, system bug reports, and project release documentation.
- Work with content experts in analyzing new or existing content sets, including; testing, mapping, data modelling, developing and implementing specific business rules required to support the integration, concordance and/or ongoing maintenance of such content sets.
- Conduct user quality assurance testing throughout project development and on final project deliverables.
- Collect, coordinate and document user and test group feedback, manage and maintain system bug reports, and validate system bug fixes or enhancements.
- Ability to work closely with a cross-functional team varying from Product, Technology, Project Mgt, and business stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery
- Work across a group of Product Managers to elaborate on business requirements, understand the respective roadmaps and support multiple business strategies.
- Where applicable, work with the Sales and Account Management organization to raise awareness, train and demo the capabilities to clients and other partners.
- Ability to communicate confidently and professionally at all levels of an organization.
Who we're looking for?
- Experience in the investment and/or financial domain is a must.
- Business analysis experience within a global organization.
- Ability to capture business requirements and represent them effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple complex deliverables simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Experience in Scrum / Agile methodology, including writing user stories and acceptance criteria utilizing Behavioural Driven Development (BDD)
- Excellent problem solving, analysis, research, and process mapping skills.
- Excellent writing skills - both technical and non-technical.
- Customer-focused and dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the customer.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, with the ability to handle multiple complex tasks.
- Understands the principles of usability and helps ensure the software is fit for its purpose.
- Understand requirements management best practices and ensure these practices are used.
- Understand the effects of technology used within the development, and the impact on the business client.
- Able to produce quality deliverables and meet deadlines.
- An understanding of high performance compute environments, especially latency-sensitive environments