Senior Technical Developer – Regulatory
The Senior Engineer will play an important part in supporting and implementing a DevOps stack to support the Product Teams within R&D, they will be responsible for enabling, advising, coaching and technical implementation of tooling and platforms which will accelerate our teams.
The Senior Engineer will be responsible for technical direction, implementation & continuous improvement of R&D Tech systems so they align with Agile and DevOps Principles. They must demonstrate a wide range of engineering competencies across Software Development, Testing, Infrastructure Deployment & Monitoring (Both On-Prem & Cloud), Data Science/Analytics and Lifecycle Management.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Working with our third party SaaS Regulatory SaaS platform provider (Veeva) in implementation and integration of their Regulatory Vault Platform at GSK
- Working across other teams implementing other Veeva Vault applications (e.g. TMF, SSU, Quality Docs, Promomats, Med Comms) to build a seamless experience for GSK internal and external users in executing end to end processes
- Using innovative tooling to automate quality to ensure it remains at the heart of everything we do to maintain a full compliance to GSK Security, Quality, and Regulatory Standards
- Proactively pursue tools and processes which can deliver continuous improvement to support regular product releases which enhance user productivity, increase system reliability & resiliency and reduce total cost of ownership
- Maintain technical support documentation and guidance so Product Teams have the material and assets to enable adoption of DevOps principles
- Take part in experimentation and innovation to drive persistent improvement, with the reduction in technical debt and risk as a core principle of engineering within R&D Tech.
- Provide technical direction for DevOps across the Regulatory solution groups and third parties, fostering and maintaining close links with those areas.
- Contribute and engage with engineering capability across GSK, both internal and external third parties to ensure our processes and practices meet a shared goal across Tech.
- Work closely with the Strategy, Design & Test Team engineering teams, ensuring that DevOps, Test, QA and UX are closely aligned on engagements with Product Teams.
Who we're looking for?
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Experience working with Cloud/SaaS providers to implement their solutions seamlessly for use at GSK (or similar scale company) with appropriate integration with core tech platforms and other applications
- Hands-on technical experience in development, testing and deployment in an agile/devops environment
- Experience of at least one Cloud platform (Azure, Salesforce, Veeva etc)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience with Veeva Vault
- Experience working with Regulatory or Drug development department of a Pharmaceutical company
- Experience of API management and implementation
- Experience of AI and Machine Learning implementations in the cloud
- Experience working in technical delivery in the pharmaceutical industry, and experience with validation of systems
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages