Workflow Product Specialist
This role resides in one of the newly established IT Infrastructure Delivery (ITID) agile engineering pods within the End User as a
Platform (EUaaS) platform, specifically the Workflow pod. The intent of these new engineering pods is to provide a first-class user experience to HSBC staff, adding increased levels of automation and cloud-based management to our EUaaS platform. Our ambition is to deliver an industry-leading platform: Highly automated, highly self-service, highly secure, highly resilient, and highly mobile. We will do this by developing world-class automation and integrating with the wider HSBC infrastructure environment, through the activities of the agile engineering pods.
The Workflow engineering pod will continue to digitize the business to ensure that HSBC is as agile and responsive as it can be to its
customers. The pod will continue to deliver digital workflows with ServiceNow that create great experiences and unlock productivity. This pod will ensure that with ServiceNow platform, it will be enabled to get quicker resolution of tickets and better availability of IT services to establish a more organized IT department. The pod will be responsible for core system configuration, gathering and documenting user and process requirements, functional requirements, and developing technical requirements in ServiceNow. The pod will also focus on AI
Chatbots to improve customer experience and business efficiency.
In 2020 we are expecting all engineering pods to be in setup mode so the focus will be to complete knowledge transfer from other HSBC locations and initiating the various streams of work that will deliver extra levels of automation whilst moving to a more agile way of working. An appropriate agile way-of-working will be implemented, likely to be Scrum or Kanban.
The Workflow Product Specialist role will work within the pod to achieve the strategic aims of ITID and the EUaaS platform by delivering products and services in an agile manner. The role will take direction from the defined pod leader or assigned team leader and will be expected to work closely with other members of the pod. Whilst it will have no formal line management duties, it will be expected that the role will provide guidance to the more junior members of the team and pod. The Product Specialist is also part of the Product
Management Practice, will take appropriate direction from the Product Management leadership team and is effectively the conduit through which product and pod information is shared.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Work as part of the Product Management practice, ensuring the Product Management governance is applied within the pod and that relevant pod information is passed to the Product Management practice.
- Work within the Workflow engineering pod, covering some or all of: Agile development of Workflow Infrastructure related products, 3 rd level support of said products, thought leadership, technical documentation, verbal and written communication, financial management
- Be part of a team that performs sustainable continuous improvement, identifying and removing organisational barriers affecting the team, processes and products owned
- Maintain an agile mind-set by adopting the practices and processes identified as being required for our new engineering pods, leveraging agile delivery methods, associated frameworks (e.g., Lean) and Bank tools (e.g., JIRA) to do this
- Understand and follow the ITID strategy and vision and also the Product Management direction
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities within the team, focusing on automation, process improvement, how technology is best leveraged and technology shift opportunities
- As assigned: Be responsible for the team’s budget as assigned, perform vendor management as needed against assigned partners, following all applicable HSBC and ITID policies and procedures for financial and team management
- Work collaboratively with staff within the platform to identify and agree improvement opportunities
Who we're looking for?
- Worfklow Engineering pod has 17 staff
- ServiceNow is live with several features replacing GSR and MSC. AI Chatbots are key areas to improve customer experience and business efficiency.
- Flexibility and adaptability – this job will have constantly changing priorities and tasks that are unpredictable, wide ranging, complex, and time sensitive
- Attention to product quality and the highest level of service provision
- Staying abreast of external developments in the general area of ServiceNow and workflow, global regulation and competitor activity. Proactive identification of issues and initiation of structured discussions with the key stakeholders, maintaining alignment to deliver against the ITID strategy and goals
- Put the customer first – ensure our internal and external customers are always considered in all decisions made
Skills / Experience
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Experience of performing a product management role
- Experience of working as part of an agile infrastructure development team
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to influence, lead and drive teams to deliver, good judgement, assertiveness, high level of communication skills to achieve effective stakeholder management, build consultative relationships, and ability to collaborate directly with a variety of clients (business, development, compliance, etc.)
- Knowledge of Workflow , AI Chatbots and linked technologies; ServiceNow , experience in any programming with NodeJs, Global
- Java & J2EE Technologies, Python. experience on NLP/NLU, experience with Artificial Intelligence / Machine learning methodologies.
- Experience of associated technology areas: Microsoft Office, browsers, Java, Windows application development, virtual desktops, Windows security models and tooling, identity and access management tooling, Microsoft Systems Centre, WiFi and remote access
- Knowledge of Lean Sigma practices
- Knowledge and experience of using agile delivery methods and tools to implement both tactical and strategic changes
- Needs to be resourceful and demonstrate innovation
- Commercially astute, ability to balance and assess risk vs. reward, maximising cost effectiveness and profitability for functions and/or business lines
- Respectful of different cultures, working with colleagues from across all the globe
- Minimum Intermediate English required
- Healthcare package for families
- Healthcare package
- Life insurance
- Medical consultations in our office
- Employee assistance programme
- Free sport clubs
- Fitness, yoga and massages in office
- Multisport card
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- In-house language courses
- Financial and technology academy
- Access to leading e-learning platforms
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking