Virtual Desktop Product Specialist
This role resides in one of the newly established IT Infrastructure Delivery (ITID) agile engineering pods within the End User as a Platform (EUaaS) platform, specifically the Virtual Desktop pod. The intent of these new engineering pods is to provide a first-class user experience to HSBC staff, adding increased levels of automation and cloud-based management to our EUaaS platform. Our ambition is to deliver an industry-leading platform: Highly automated, highly self-service, highly secure, highly resilient, and highly mobile. We will do this by developing world-class automation and integrating with the wider HSBC infrastructure environment, through the activities of the agile engineering pods.
The Virtual Desktop engineering pod will continue to engineer HSBC’s Virtual Device Infrastructure (VDI) which provides HSBC’s build of Windows 10 (internally named CWX) to internal customer. The pod (in collaboration with the relevant enterprise services pods) will review and define the hardware used for VDI, the hypervisor used in the VDI, the configuration to be applied, the security settings to be applied (in collaboration with HSBC’s Cybersecurity team), the tooling to be used to provide and manage the VDI, specific tools needed to manage virtual desktops, develop automation and infrastructure management solutions for VDI, perform a migration of internal VDI to cloud or hybrid VDI, and be accountable for all engineering work on VDI.
In 2020 we are expecting all engineering pods to be in setup mode so the focus will be to complete knowledge transfer from other HSBC locations and initiating the various streams of work that will deliver extra levels of automation whilst moving to a more agile way of working. An appropriate agile way-of-working will be implemented, likely to be Scrum or Kanban.
The Virtual Desktop Product Specialist role will work within the pod to achieve the strategic aims of ITID and the EUaaS platform by delivering products and services in an agile manner. The role will take direction from the defined pod leader or assigned team leader and will be expected to work closely with other members of the pod.
Whilst it will have no formal line management duties, it will be expected that the role will provide guidance to the more junior members of the team and pod. The Product Specialist is also part of the Product Management Practice, will take appropriate direction from the Product Management leadership team and is effectively the conduit through which product and pod information is shared.
- Work as part of the Product Management practice, ensuring the Product Management governance is applied within the pod and that relevant pod information is passed to the Product Management practice.
- Work within the Virtual Desktop engineering pod, covering some or all of: Agile development of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure related products, 3rd level support of said products, thought leadership, technical documentation, verbal and written communication, financial management
- Be part of a team that performs sustainable continuous improvement, identifying and removing organisational barriers affecting the team, processes and products owned
- Maintain an agile mind-set by adopting the practices and processes identified as being required for our new engineering pods, leveraging agile delivery methods, associated frameworks (e.g., Lean) and Bank tools (e.g., JIRA) to do this
- Understand and follow the ITID strategy and vision and also the Product Management direction
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities within the team, focusing on automation, process improvement, how technology is best leveraged and technology shift opportunities
- As assigned: Be responsible for the team’s budget as assigned, perform vendor management as needed against assigned partners, following all applicable HSBC and ITID policies and procedures for financial and team management
- Work collaboratively with staff within the platform to identify and agree improvement opportunities
Applications sent to us will be taken into consideration only if they include the following statement:
“I hereby declare that I have familiarized myself with the Privacy Statement for Applicants published at http://www.about.hsbc.pl/careers and I hereby give consent for personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of recruitment in HSBC Service Delivery (Polska) Sp. z o. o. according to rules described in the Privacy Statement for Applicants, as per the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR).”
Who we're looking for?
- BSc/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Experience of performing a product management role
- Experience of working as part of an agile infrastructure development team
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to influence, lead and drive teams to deliver, good judgement, assertiveness, high level of communication skills to achieve effective stakeholder management, build consultative relationships, and ability to collaborate directly with a variety of clients (business, development, compliance, etc.)
- Knowledge of Citrix XenDesktop, XenApp, Storefront, VMWare vSphere, VDI design, storage solutions, HA and DR models, eLux, Scout, Dell (Wyse) thin clients, AppSense, NetScaler
- Experience of associated technology areas: VMWare Horizon, Windows 10, Dell x86 equipment, HP x86 equipment, Cisco Jabberand Jabber on VDI, Zoom and Zoom on VDI, Desktop licensing on VDI, Active Directory/ Azure AD, Windows Virtual Desktop
- Experience in design & implementing/migrating/upgrading Virtual Desktop Infrastructure(VDI)
- Knowledge of Lean Sigma practices
- Knowledge and experience of using agile delivery methods and tools to implement both tactical and strategic changes
- Needs to be resourceful and demonstrate innovation
- Commercially astute, ability to balance and assess risk vs. reward, maximising cost effectiveness and profitability for functions and/or business lines
- Respectful of different cultures, working with colleagues from across all the globe
- Minimum Intermediate English required
- Healthcare package for families
- Healthcare package
- Life insurance
- Medical consultations in our office
- Employee assistance programme
- Free sport clubs
- Fitness, yoga and massages in office
- Multisport card
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- In-house language courses
- Financial and technology academy
- Access to leading e-learning platforms
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking