Windows Desktop Senior Engineer
- HSBC Service Delivery (Polska)
- Employment contract
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience of 8-10+ years of experience.
- In-depth experience of engineering automated Windows desktop and laptop offerings in an enterprise, preferably within a Financial Services institution
- Deep knowledge of Windows desktop and linked technologies; Windows 10, Windows 7, GPOs, native Microsoft Windows management features, PC hardware, desktop builds, Windows application management, software licensing, and asset management
- Experience of associated technology areas: Microsoft Office, browsers, Java, Windows application development, virtual desktops, Windows security models and tooling, identity and access management tooling, Microsoft Systems Centre, WiFi and remote access
- Thorough knowledge and application of Microsoft PowerShell scripting for task automation and system management.
- Experience using Microsoft Windows management and deployment tools (SCCM, MDT,, etc.).
- Provide technical expertise throughout the software lifecycle including design, implementation and delivery
- Understanding cloud, virtualization, APIs, and modern software languages
- Experience of managing an agile infrastructure development team, ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to influence, lead and drive teams to deliver, good judgement, assertiveness, high level of communication skills to achieve effective stakeholder management, build consultative relationships, and ability to collaborate directly with a variety of clients (business, development, compliance, etc.)
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with clear communication
- Proven ability to articulate complex issues concisely, suitable for all levels across the HSBC group. Gravitas and ability to interact with and coach senior executives
- Knowledge of Lean Sigma practices
- Flexible and adaptable to changing activities, schedules and work loads.
- Ability to simultaneously coordinate and complete all multiple projects in an organized, process oriented.
- Needs to be resourceful and demonstrate innovation
- Respectful of different cultures, working with colleagues from across all the globe
- Minimum Intermediate English required
Project you can join
This role resides in one of the newly established IT Infrastructure Delivery (ITID) agile engineering pods within the End User as a Platform (EUaaS) platform, specifically the Virtual Desktop pod. The intent of these new engineering pods is to provide a first-class user experience to HSBC staff, adding increased levels of automation and cloud-based management to our EUaaS platform. Our ambition is to deliver an industry-leading platform: Highly automated, highly self-service, highly secure, highly resilient, and highly mobile. We will do this by developing world-class automation and integrating with the wider HSBC infrastructure environment, through the activities of the agile engineering pods.
The Windows Desktop engineering pod will continue to deliver HSBC’s build of Windows 10 (internally named CWX), review and define the hardware used for desktop and laptops devices, define the configuration to be applied to HSBC’s PCs, manage and control the core infrastructure management applications applied to CWX, and be accountable for all engineering work on CWX.
In 2020 we are expecting all engineering pods to be in setup mode so the focus will be to complete knowledge transfer from other HSBC locations and initiating the various streams of work that will deliver extra levels of automation whilst moving to a more agile way of working. An appropriate agile way-of-working will be implemented, likely to be Scrum or Kanban.
The Senior Windows Desktop Engineer role will be directly responsible for leading, directing and influencing a team within this pod to achieve the strategic aims of ITID and the EUaaS platform. They will be directed by the pod leader. The total number of staff expected to be managed within the team is approximately 10, although this may change dependent upon circumstances.
- Lead a Windows Desktop engineering pod team, providing staff management and technical direction on the owned technologies
- Act as a change agent for sustainable continuous improvement, identifying and removing organisational barriers affecting the team, processes and products owned
- Drive an agile mind-set within the team by adopting the practices and processes identified as being required for our new engineering pods, leveraging agile delivery methods, associated frameworks (e.g., Lean) and Bank tools (e.g., JIRA) to do this
- Ensure the team’s delivery is aligned with the ITID strategy and vision and also the Product Management direction
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities within the team, focusing on automation, process improvement, how technology is best leveraged and technology shift opportunities
- Be accountable for the team’s budget as assigned, perform vendor management as needed against assigned partners, following all applicable HSBC and ITID policies and procedures for financial and team management
- Work with the ITID platform managers to identify and agree improvement opportunities, reallocating staff, products or services if this benefits the organisation
- With Product Management, prepare business cases for the implementation of new major products; support the delivery of these business cases up to board level
- Support the pod leader with agreed ad hoc activities
Applications sent to us will be taken into consideration only if they include the following statement:
“I hereby declare that I have familiarized myself with the Privacy Statement for Applicants published at http://www.about.hsbc.pl/careers and I hereby give consent for personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of recruitment in HSBC Service Delivery (Polska) Sp. z o. o. according to rules described in the Privacy Statement for Applicants, as per the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR).”
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- Language courses
- Visa Services
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Chill room
- Integration events