HID Global takes innovative approaches to helping organizations and governments become more secure and productive by protecting the people, data and things most important to them. The Extended Access Technologies business unit is a leading provider of Identity and Access Management through embedded and software solutions to assist many customers who want to embed RFID technology into their solutions.
As Staff Firmware Innovation Engineer you will take a deep dive into existing portfolio of products and technologies and review their possibilities and come up with new products, enhancements and ideas, that could be proposed to our customers. You will be responsible for design and development of new applications, enhancing existing applications, solving problems, and resolving defects. The Engineer will review requirements, develop the architecture and design of features (including the relevant documentation), develop application prototypes, participate in design and code reviews, and write code (including unit tests).
An ideal candidate should have open mind set, be flexible, focused on quality and open to switching to different projects. Our culture is characterized by short decision paths, clear targets and team spirit.
Start it now and apply!
- Investigate new / emerging technologies, innovations, and opportunities
- Ideate patentable concepts in line with innovation strategy
- Ideate, design and implementation of new secure embedded firmware applications in C
- Support in the design and development of desktop engineering tools
- Develop test fixtures in C and higher-level Object-Oriented language (e.g. C#)
- Preparation of documentation of innovative concepts and products
- Communication with internal and external innovation sources
Who we're looking for?
- Min. 5 years of hands-on code development
- Applied experience with C, C++ and .NET
- Hardware experience preferred and knowledge of patents processes a plus
- Comfortable working at a hardware level drivers (GPIO, UART, I2C, SPI)
- Knowledge of test frameworks and automated build systems (e.g. Jenkins, NUnit, NAnt)
- Ability to complete design related tasks with minimal supervision
- Experience with Secure Elements, RFID, NFC, HCE or Bluetooth technologies
- Experience with Agile Scrum development
- Knowledge of OOD
- Test developing experience
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Lunch discount
- Personal training budget
- English classes
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking