ViacomCBS Tech in Warsaw plays a crucial role in ViacomCBS`s global engineering organization. Through our projects we make sure that millions of users worldwide can enjoy ViacomCBS content through web, mobile, and TV applications.
Products we develop are exposed to millions of users globally. The majority of our business clients are located in New York. Current projects are related to:
- Content management ;
- Onboarding for kids applications;
- Websites for our brands.
We keep our technologies up-to-date, and since we own the projects, we also have a major impact on the toolset. Right now foundations of our stack are:
- Carbon DLS;
- CI/CD: Jenkins;
- AWS, Docker, Node.js.
- MacBook Pro with additional monitor;
- Jira, Confluence;
- BitBucket, GitHub;
- Slack, Zoom.
How we work:
- Our teams own “how” decisions - we are autonomous regarding the architectural choices, technologies, and approach to providing high quality solutions;
- Our Engineers are involved in every stage of SDLC;
- Our divisions are built from various engineers, i.e. Web, Backend, Mobile, DevOps, Test Automation and System Engineers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches;
- Our products influence millions of users globally;
- We focus on test automation and code quality – and we do that by automating whatever is possible!
- The majority of business clients are located in NY or London;
- Every project is run based on Agile principles using Scrum / Kanban.
Who we're looking for?
We are looking for Engineers that:
- Will provide support for less experienced engineers - knowledge sharing and mentoring is important to us;
- Keep up to date with modern web technologies;
- Are curious, with a desire to learn and the ambition to quickly become a self-reliant, top-notch software engineer;
- Want to actively participate in decision making;
- Enjoy working in a team;
- Easily and openly communicate in English.
And on the technical side, we need:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent professional experience;
- Experience with state management libraries, preferably Redux;
- Experience with unit testing methodologies and frameworks (e.g. jest, cypress, karma, jasmine);
- Practical knowledge in algorithms, data structures, and design patterns and software/tools;
- Understanding of CI/CD and a drive to automate everything;
- Expertise with Git, rebasing, branching strategies and pull requests;
- Ability to write responsive / fluid website using HTML(5) and CSS(3);
- Practical knowledge of Sass / Less;
- Understanding of browser resource management;
- Working knowledge of network protocols like TCP/IP and HTTP and the understanding of what makes a RESTful API great.
Nice to have:
- Experience with TypeScript/ES7;
- Experience with cloud based infrastructure, Amazon Web Services;
- Experience with Docker, Node.js;
- Experience with libraries like: lodash / ramda.js / fp-ts etc;
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Language courses