We need brilliant engineers to help bring this technology into new markets and new deployment models. If you want to work in a team with people at least as good as you, if you want to solve the problems encountered when analysing the firehose of network data in real time - capturing, decoding, analysing and indexing at 40Gb/s and more and providing solutions for consumers of real-time and historical, raw and normalised market data - then Corvil is what you are looking for.
Given the success of our Krakow office, we are now expanding to build out a high-class team in Warsaw. We are excited to speak with candidates who will be happy to work remotely initially with a view to setting up an office location in Warsaw when the time is right. We especially want to speak with candidates who are keen to work in a startup environment
- This is an opportunity to lead and manage a world-class engineering team working on the design and development of new features across Pico’s entire product range while maintaining hands-on development responsibilities.
- You will innovate and influence the technical direction of our projects and mentor a team of talented software engineers. As team lead, you will have control over the design and architecture of our development environment and solutions, with a view to delivering high-quality, scalable code using agile methodologies. You will be expected to write and review code, setting the standard for the team. With frequent production releases you will be accountable for signing off on what goes out the door and what doesn’t.
- You will be responsible for guiding the careers of you team through regular 1:1 meetings and performance reviews. As team lead, you will take feedback, facilitate open discussion and implement improvements to our workflows according to best practice. You will be responsible for collaboration with other Engineering teams, Operations, and Product Management to ensure that the highest priorities are being addressed.
- We are at a tremendously exciting stage with extensive innovation on-going and an exciting vision to fulfill. As an example, we are currently building out the Virtual Corvil Data Engine which will help our customers scale into hybrid-cloud and cloud environments. With deep support for ~600 protocol flavours, automation is key to driving accuracy and performance of our products at scale. This role requires a leader who will ensure that the quality of our software remains at a very high level, while continuing to meet the demands of an ever-changing, dynamic landscape in the world of trading and beyond.
Who we're looking for?
- Minimum 2:1 in a 3rd Level Computer Science/Engineering Degree or equivalent
- 5-10 years of development experience
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to work across teams and build professional relationships.
- Results orientated leadership.
- Efficient organisation and time management skills.
- Expert proficiency in C++ development under Linux is required.
- Experience in using python, shell scripting, makefiles, etc
- Understanding of algorithms and design patterns
- Multi-threaded application development
- Automated testing (unit testing, integration testing)
- Linux-based development environments, including tools such as gdb and valgrind
- IP networking knowledge
- Knowledge of various software development methodologies e.g. agile, kanban, etc.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to think problems all the way through, and explore side-effects of solutions
- An innate understanding of how to write code that can be worked on by others
- Dedication to the design and implementation of high-availability, high-performance systems
- An awareness of the implementation details of commonly used C++ features and how to use that knowledge to help implement efficient yet maintainable code
- Ingrained curiosity – ask for help, ask why, incorporate advice/ideas from multiple sources
- Recognition of when it makes sense to follow existing patterns and when to add new
- Ability to articulate the reasoning behind decisions or trade-offs
- Ability to solve issues seen in the field using very limited data
Note that we strongly encourage candidates from under-represented groups to apply, regardless of whether you feel you meet all of the requirements below you should still go ahead and apply!
- Healthcare package
- Leisure package
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages