Product Control are the Financial Guardians of the Bank's trading activities with a mandate of:
- Providing reliable and relevant financial information to the business managers, external business partners and other relevant internal constituents.
- Ensuring complete, accurate and timely P&L, Balance Sheets and analysis.
- Working with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate and integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner.
- Executing controls to detect unauthorized trading or unusual activity and raise issues in a timely manner to senior management.
As a successful candidate for the Big Data Developer, you will join a highly regarded and global Product Control Technology team, with Wroclaw branch being an important part of it, currently employing 35+ people. Their skillset includes business analysis, programming in various languages (e.g. Python, Java, Scala), quality assurance, project management and beyond.
We have a substantial projects book of work to deliver and this means fantastic opportunities for talented people. You will get the chance to take on a role with real responsibility, learn new skills and gain invaluable experience working with colleagues globally across the bank while being supported and mentored by both Project team and local Team Lead - all essential ingredients to fast-track your career.
The Team is very diverse in both educational backgrounds and previous work experience. When hiring, we put stress on understanding your past experience and how it can benefit the Team as well as identifying your potential that we would look to develop to the maximum.
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
The role offers a hands-on engineering position responsible for development of high-performance Big Data solutions in the Finance space. The key responsibilities are:
- Build and optimize 'Big Data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Lead business, systems & technical analysis and process design with high touch business and business change contact as required across back, middle and front office functions.
- Drive solutions architecture, systems and interface design, data analysis, scenario and use case analysis.
- Identifying innovative ways to solve the problems and increase customer satisfaction
- Opportunities to network across different functions within Tax and Finance IT
- Supporting ongoing projects, including assisting with escalated production issues where SME or BA expertise is required
- Perform root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Authoring advanced SQL and working with a variety of relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
Who we're looking for?
- Experience working in big data platform for implementing projects with high SLA of data availability and data quality, exposure to public cloud technologies is a major plus.
- 5+ years of overall IT experience with 2+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Experience with big data tools like Spark, HDFS, Hive, Impala, Scala, Kudu, Kafka, Python
- Experience with relational SQL, NoSQL databases and bash scripts
- Substantial exposure to enterprise infrastructure, data processing, enterprise software applications
- Flexible, people and organization savvy - ability to work in a matrix environment across regions with fast pace, know how to build effective relationships and communicate effectively with various teams across time zones
- Fluent English
- Good knowledge of agile deliveries
- Working comfortably with distributed version control and project management tool (GIT, Jira, Confluence)
- Be results-oriented individual with good interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a matrix environment across regions with fast pace. Ability to build positive working relationships and communicate effectively with various teams across time zones.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Working experience with CI/CD pipelines and Jenkins experience is a plus
- Experience in redesigning legacy technology based solutions using Big Data technology stack
- Familiarity with Finance Business domain, especially Product Control
- Familiar with microservices architecture, JSON, API based interfaces
- Previous participation in change management or process re-engineering team
- Experience at a major investment or global commercial bank
- BI/Analytical skills