Developer Engineering is a new function within the Company. Our mission is to make it easy and enjoyable for software engineering teams to go from a business idea to delivering an innovative product solution. The main goals are to improve and upgrade our tools, streamline our processes, automate and strengthen our controls, and help development teams adopt modern working methods.
This new initiative represents a critical investment in our future development capability. We are building an expert team to transform the working environment of the 18,000 people who make up the ICG development community and help them dramatically change their approach to developing software across the many different technologies we support. The Developer Engineering group has a challenging remit, but with the scale and variety comes a unique opportunity to be agents of cultural and technical change who significantly impact the bank.
- Work with a wide variety of teams (not limited to Technology) and help them drive towards everything-as-code and a codified controls environment
- Support and drive cultural change, including instigating critical thinking about controls and processes and encouraging a culture of continuous improvement
- Develop high quality and robust code
- Ensure system stability and continuously improve
- Ensure the platform is compliant with all Citi's security and appropriate SDLC processes
Who we're looking for?
- Expert software engineer in distributed systems leveraging languages like Golang or Python
- History of developing on a range of event-driven architectures, ideally including container-based micro-services
- Worked with distributed logs (ideally Kafka), traditional SQL and NoSQL databases
- Delivered successful projects into production and used at scale
- Worked in a DevSecOps culture before and implemented CI/CD pipelines leveraging observability and log aggregation tools