It's your chance to work with one of the world's largest telecommunication providers. You'll develop both embedded software of satellite set-top boxes and their head-end/back-end services.
Technologies used: Java Core/EE 8, Embedded Java VMs, C, C++ 11, Golang, Python, Spring Framework, Amazon Web Services (Lambda Functions, Step Functions, Athena, S3, RDS, KDS, KDA, KDF, Redshift, etc.), Kafka, ELK stack, Grafana, New Relic, XMMP, etc. The features may vary from audio/video processing and streaming to adding new ways of advertising and integrating with 3rd party devices like Amazon Echo, Google Home, and Apple HomePod.
The project is based on Agile methodology with the application of the SAFe 4 framework. Two development teams and one stress testing team are located in Wroclaw, Poland.
- Manual testing, flashing, troubleshooting of a Linux-based satellite set-top-box (min 50% of our time)
- Implementing and supporting automated test scripts in Python for new set-top-box features
- Implementing and supporting manual and automated E2E tests in Java for Spring-based microservices
- Documenting and reporting issues in Jira
- Creating test cases and test plans in TestLink
Who we're looking for?
- Professional experience: 3+ years
- Linux (Linux Terminal, Hardware/Software setup and troubleshooting, basic networking, scripting, remote controlling; Embedded Linux, Ubuntu Desktop, CentOS)
- Python (Core Python, backend, debugging, testing)
- Grey Box Testing, Black-Box Testing
- Git, Bitbucket
- Good verbal and written communication English skills
- Participation in team projects, being a team player
- Growth mindset
- Testing embedded devices