The Embedded Software Developer will design, develop and maintain software for automotive data acquisition and device-to-cloud communication for use in the automotive industry. You will be challenged to solve problems with cutting-edge technology and deliver the highest quality service to our customers.
Work as a member of a globally distributed team designing and developing data acquisition and secure data exchange solutions for machine-to-machine applications.
- Develop software solutions from initial concept and requirements development through to production implementation and support.
- Software issue troubleshooting, problem solving, root cause analysis, etc.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve performance.
- Integrate software from 3rd parties.
Traits we seek:
- Curiously investigate everything – ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence – thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing – an entrepreneurial mindset that’s driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience – seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
- Passion for product excellence – build great products with distinct customer value and apply continuous improvement and innovation
Who we're looking for?
- Bachelor's Degree - Computer Science / Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software application development
- Experience in C and/or C++ application development
- Experience with development under RTOS or Linux
- "C & CAN-Stack on RTOS experience" OR "C++ & CAN analysis on Linux experience"
- Experience in telematics technologies
- Knowledge of vehicle diagnostics and automotive networks (CAN as MUST)
- Experience with coding standards like MISRA
- Experience in automotive embedded development
- Experience with agile software development process
- Independent problem-solving ability
- Experience with remote teams
- Master's degree in Computer science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related degree programs.
- Experience with Autosar (Classic more relevant, Adaptiv less relevant, but also as plus)
- Experience with protocols J1939, J1979 as a big plus
- Familiarity with microcontrollers and ARM processor
- Knowledge of Functional Safety and SPICE processes
- Experience with CI/CD workflows