Our client is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provide a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals.
Join our dynamic global team of talented junior and senior developers, technical architects, and functional analysts who work in concert to deliver high-profile projects using modern technologies. The goal of this team is the implementation of a unified data strategy to be adopted by the various engineering teams based upon the firm's data platforms, with the appropriate governance and controls for protecting the firm's and clients' data.
- Interpersonal Communication: You'll engage with data producers and consumers across all areas of the business to understand their requirements and to propose solutions tailored to their needs.
- Technologies: You'll program in Java and model data using Pure/Legend - a data management and data governance open-source platform that we will teach you. Read more on Bloomberg. Other technologies in use in our space: RESTful services, Maven/Gradle, Apache Spark, BigData, HTML 5, AngularJs/ReactJs, IntelliJ, Gitlab, Jira.
- Cloud Technologies: You'll be involved in building the next generation of finance systems on AWS in which you'll get exposure to AWS S3, Athena, Redshift, Snowflake, EMR and more.
- Autonomy: You'll have significant autonomy in designing and writing solutions to help our stakeholders deliver for the firm's clients.
- Creativity: You'll be encouraged to suggest improvements to products and to propose ways, in which we can add value for our stakeholders.
Who we're looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience in Java development & Relational Databases
- A clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- No prior finance experience required - opportunities to learn and develop finance knowledge will be provided.
- Knowledge of relational and columnar SQL databases, including database design
- Experience with continuous delivery and deployment
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with the Spring Framework or equivalent application development framework.