We are GBM Surveillance IT. We work within investment banking IT organization and with other global businesses as well to protect our stakeholders from illegal or prohibited activity across channels, including but not limited to trading activity, voice, email and chat.
We work in small teams, bringing development, testing, business analysis, QA and system reliability together. We have started on our journey towards working in a truly agile, no-silos environment. Our teams write their code, write automated test harnesses for their code, use automated mechanisms to deploy their code, and are accountable for their code in Production, including monitoring to ensure they work uninterrupted while delivering new code. All the while they also work closely with business analysts and business stakeholders to deliver value in a steady, incremental stream.
For us, DevOps is not just about technology automation (automated build, test and release). It is about a cultural focus on working cross-functionally and delivering in small increments. We do need people who are 100% focused on automated delivery and are capable of working in dynamic, cross-functional teams to make this happen!
Within Surveillance IT, the Surveillance Data Factory aims to be a "one stop shop" for all of our data acquisition and distribution needs. We supply other workstreams with the data they need in a format usable by them.
We primarily work with a number of internal systems - although this will change as we grow. Acquiring the data is only the first step. We then work with consumer systems to adapt the data to their particular business needs.
As risks and regulations change over time, we are continually seeking to grow our data acquisition & distribution capabilities through the implementation of innovative technologies.
The purpose of this role will be to work in a global agile development team helping deliver the first step towards Surveillance's technology target state. The successful candidate will help design and develop new applications to support and improve Surveillance's way of working in order to achieve strategic objectives.
- Support the product owner and the scrum master in the management of their Backlog and ticket prioritisation.
- Break out stories into sub-tasks to facilitate the incremental delivery of the product.
- Contribute to work item estimation and sprint planning.
- Produce software solutions to the stories and sub-tasks assigned to the POD and deliver them as releases into UAT and production.
- Contribute to the evolution of the roadmap for their Workstream.
- Develop the automation testing required to prove a tickets acceptance criteria have been met.
- Contribute to the project RAID by raising risks and blockers when necessary.
- Contribute to the PODs formulation of solutions and validate proposals and ideas to ensure that the POD proposals will satisfy the product owner's requirements.
- Attend the following Agile Forums and project meetings
o Pod Scrum
o Sprint Planning
o Show and Tell
- Organise and contribute to POD level discussion forums to help clarify the stories and solutions as and when required.
- Participate in the adoption and reinforcement of high standards of quality in all aspects of POD work.
- Contribute to the definition of and implementation of best practice in all aspects of POD work.
- Ensure that all technical solutions are ratified by the engineering lead.
- Ensure that all software conforms to HSBC and project standards.
Conform to all bank and project standards that related to IT development.
- Ensure that development is undertaken in line with continuous integration /delivery and test driven development philosophies and that code quality standards and processes are adhered to.
- Provide guidance, and assistance to other team members in terms of technical queries or queries regarding the specifications, product knowledge, or business expectations.
- Provide BAU Support (3rd Line) for the Production system.
- Contribute to code releases, raising Change Requests, providing training where required to Support Staff and being involved in the implementation.
Who we're looking for?
We are looking for a UI & Application Developer with experience in developing browser based web applications who is comfortable working alongside a strong, international team of engineers, to build applications for a key bank initiative.
Whilst core skills are listed below, bank is mainly looking for passionate people who are looking to continually improve and challenge themselves to work in a highly disciplined, verifiable manner.
Core Skills / Characteristics
- Experience of developing browser-based web applications against REST APIs on a microservice architecture.
- Experience in application user interface development and data visualisation
- Experience with Query languages (SQL, ElasticSearch Query DSL)
- Experience of writing applications against NoSQL Datastores (e.g. Column-Family, Document, Key-Value)
- Experience with WebSockets
- Knowledge of Java Spring Framework
- Experience with Python