The Commercial Lending Transformation (CoLT) Programme is looking for a creative and motivated Full Stack developer with excellent analytical, programming, problem-solving and communication skills. In this role the successful candidate will build solutions that operate on system and application components deployed in on-premise and multiple cloud platforms (e.g. GCP, AWS). Their principal task will be to collaboratively deliver innovative solutions in the commercial lending space, in a team focused on delivering innovative technical solutions to our customers in the Commercial Lending space.
This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong software engineering fundamentals and a strong automation-orientated mind-set to help improve all phases of the software lifecycle, from inception through to live release. The successful candidate will be capable of moving seamlessly across development activities in multiple tech stacks, and must be able to pick up new skills as they encounter new areas of challenge. Mind-set is key: this role requires strong, innovative problem-solvers capable of managing ambiguity whilst still driving towards very high standards of delivery quality.
Who we're looking for?
- Back-end coding languages and libraries (e.g. Java, Python)
- Front-end frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, Node.js)
- Back-end application frameworks (e.g. Spring Boot)
- TDD/BDD practices
- A strong mind-set for writing clean, functional, testable code
- Knowledge and experience working with a micro-services architecture
- Expertise developing enterprise-level web applications and RESTful APIs using micro-services, with demonstrable production scale experience
- Current working knowledge and experience of industry standard protocols related to API security (e.g. OAuth2, SAML3)
- Strong design and programming skills using JSON and XML/XSLT
- Good working knowledge of Linux OSs, Relational DBs, NoSQL DBs and Cloud data stores
- Exposure to (preferably experience developing in) at least one public cloud provider environment. GCP is strongly preferred, but AWS is acceptable
- Knowledge of build tools (Jenkins, Maven)
- Knowledge of Static Analysis tools (Sonarqube, Checkmarx)
- Knowledge of containerisation technologies (Docker heavily preferred)
- Ability to collaborate with peers and to work cross-functionally with personnel in other software teams in multiple locations, as well as with testers, architects and product managers
- Strong knowledge of agile delivery processes combined with an ability to work cross-functionally with teams using waterfall delivery processes
- Ability to identify high customer impact issues and drive them to resolution, collaborating across teams as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience presenting data to cross-functional teams and/or management