Lighthouse application support is responsible for the production systems, including Trading, Post-Trade, and PnL software, environment management, and software deployment. Will work closely with developers, business analysts and infrastructure team members as well as with portfolio managers and traders.
The candidate will participate in the release process, ensuring quality software is delivered in a timely manner.
Solve technical trading-related issues, during UK market hours (10-19 Kyiv\MSK time), independently where possible or leveraging teammates as necessary. Escalate to application and/or infrastructure subject matter experts (internally or at vendors) when appropriate. Manage communications to the trading staff and internal stakeholders regarding issues/resolutions.
Build working relationships with trading groups in both US and UK.
Trading Infrastructure/Platform Status Communications - responsible for disseminating messages to the appropriate trading staff regarding trading infrastructure/platform issues, exchange updates, etc.
Assist with automating processes to achieve efficiency and streamlined trade support.
Document and create a new knowledge base to provide the most effective solutions to trading issues.
Deployment of, support of, and monitoring of the firm's internal trading systems.
Coordinate with vendors, internal application owners, infrastructure owners, and tech support to ensure trading platforms are correctly installed, configured, and tested.
Liaise with development and infrastructure teams, prioritize tool enhancements, and coordinate and participate in software/new version releases.
Who we're looking for?
- Must understand the financial markets with strong equities background.
- Understanding of the trade lifecycle, back-office, and settlement processes
- Hands-on technical experience in an application support
- Has 5 years experience in a support role within
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a demanding environment.
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and able to focus and prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
- Aptitude to learn
- Understanding of ITIL methodology
English - Advanced
Proficient writing SQL\PLSQL
- Strong Java/JS applications support background
- Hands-on experience with Unix/Linux like platform
- Good experience with Unix/Linux command line
- Understanding of XML/FpML etc data formats
- Know how to work with source-code (ability to read and understand logic)
- Scripting - Python\JS\ etc
- Experience with Cloud (AWS) platform
- Knowledge of databases and associated structures
- Experience with the use of MS Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Knowledge of Fix Messaging protocol and setting up FIX connections
- Front office Applications (Bloomberg, TradeWeb, MarketAxess), Trader Support will be a good benefit
- Experience in supporting order flow management between the trading desk and brokers