As part of the EBA (European Banking Authority) and Basel compliance requirements, Bank must design and implement a new Global Risk Product Category called 'Category C', specifically for the accurate reporting and handling of Second Order Risk to Bank's Wholesale counterparties, who are providing protection. Second Order Risk can be defined as third party exposure, where the Bank has a booked credit mitigation from one of its counterparties in their role as protection provider (Guarantor) to a separate Obligor (Bank client). This second order level of exposure is contingent on the first order risk against the obligor being crystallised. For example, the Second Order Risk against Client B (Protection provider) is only realised if Client A (Guarantee) defaults in the first place.
The role of Senior Business Analyst is to be accountable for the creation/coordination of end-to-end requirements of different systems for the new global risk product category
- Elicit, analyse, validate, document and prioritise business and / or system requirements.
- Collaborative creation of epics and supporting of creation of user stories in multiple systems in conjunction with Product Owner, including non-functional requirements (NFR)
- Work closely with the Solutions Architects to split requirements by partner systems.
- Ensure that functional data flow through partner systems is consistent.
- Ensure that all risks/issues are coordinated, monitored, logged, tracked, resolved, and appropriately documented;
- Independently manage requirements elicitation and documentation processes and improve it during the project
- Support Testing - test plan review, defects analysis, run test scenarios
- End to end solution validation
- Business requirements definition and gap analysis as an individual BA
- Define & manage business specifications end-to-end and act as facilitator between various groups - IT reporting, finance, operations & compliance etc.
- Perform technical analysis to understanding the link between changes in systems and business processes to costs and benefits
- Make recommendations to improve effectiveness and overall process efficiency;
- Organize stakeholder touchpoints and meetings as required, provide metrics, and manage stakeholder expectations
- Ensure full business engagement in the Agile development process.
Who we're looking for?
- At least 5-years of working experience in a role of Business / System Analyst.
- Experience working with structured Business Analysis methods and IT Project Environment in global environment.
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. integration projects, change management.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (preferably Agile Scrum) as a Business Analyst
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is an articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences,
- Experience working with risk or financial data
- A comprehensive understanding of risk management is plus
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change,
- Built effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same,
- Experience working in Lending/Risk area is desirable but not essential
- Experience of using relevant software packages - Jira, Confluence - will be an asset
- Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) is desirable but not essential