Join our team working on projects of one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world and have a real impact on the lives and health of more than 15 million patients! By implementing the projects of Sii's key, long-standing client, you will get the chance to develop in the field of R&D, clinical trials and global services. You will work based on Agile methodologies, using modern tools and technologies.
The Data Science and Statistical Computation group seek creative and motivated software engineers to join the development of scalable, performant data analysis platforms for high-throughput single-cell genomic applications. The project team will implement analysis workflows for single-cell genomic data, leveraging and extending existing infrastructure in Python. They will help deploy workflows in the cloud, on-premise computation environments and integrate these workflows with existing backend solutions.
- Collaboratively and pragmatically solve scientific software engineering challenges encountered at the forefront of single-cell genomics data analysis infrastructure
- Work with business analysts, computational scientists, and other software engineers to understand and conceptualize the complex, emerging needs of our scientists, whether they are working at the keyboard or the bench
- Collaborate with local and off-shore engineering teams to support your software development efforts
- Contribute to the broader scientific community through open-source software development
Who we're looking for?
- BS or higher in bioinformatics, computer science or related fields
- 3+ years of experience in developing tools for data analysis
- Expertise in the Python data analysis ecosystem, including NumPy, pandas, scipy.sparse and python.
- Expertise with performant file formats for data analysis and scientific computation (e.g., hdf5, Zarr, tiledb)
- Experience in deploying performant software in cloud environments
- Familiarity with modern Machine Learning python frameworks (e.g, PyTorch)
- Familiarity with best practices for effective use of High-Performance Computing environments (e.g., slurm)
- Experience in supporting data science activities using FAIR data management and reproducible practices
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- Cold beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking