Department - ECS Platform Engineering
ECS provides all the tools needed within IT to do their core business - the development and lifecycle management of software (Demand- & Portfolio Management, Project Management, Analysis and
Design, Implementation, Build, Testing and others).
As part of the ECS platform engineering team you will be working in the roles of a Testing Tools engineer for Tosca, QC ALM, Performance Center and UFT along the application lifecycle in the domains of analysis & design, integration, build, testing, documentation, maintenance and decommissioning.
You will work closely together with your colleagues in the Product Management as well as with worldwide distributed customers and support teams
As a member of the engineering team you will:
- Closely work with operation, support and product manager to ensure system stability and
- Improve system monitoring and toning to ensure high availability, performance, scalability
- Improve integration with other IT4IT tools
- Improve degree of automation for repetitive tasks and reporting
- Evaluate, assess and propose 3rd party add-ons as requested by stakeholders
- Contribute and coordinate release upgrades and extensions
- Plan source code and build migrations from one system to another.
- Integrate and document provided solutions
- Analyze root-causes in case of incidents and provide solutions for solving the problem
- Support technical concepts, effort estimations and feasibility studies
- Share best practices with colleagues
Who we're looking for?
- Passionate of DevOps with good vision and knowledge of Continuous Integration, Delivery
- The candidate must have Cloud infrastructure experience for engineering activities
- 3+ years of experience on Testing Tools from Tricentis & MicoFocus with tools like Tosca,
QC ALM, Performance Center & Unified Functional Testing as system administrator or
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Server & RedHat Linux with strong scripting skills
- Strong background regarding CI build chain, good understanding of the development and
build process especially for Java and dotNet, and strong expertise in build automation tools
such as Maven and Gradle
- Good understanding on utilizing software inventory tools to ensure correct component
hierarchies, ownership and access control in an large-scale enterprise environment
- Good understanding of the relational database concepts, preferable Postgres, Oracle and
- Ability to work reliable in a collaborative and distributed project team
- Experience with Active Directory, LDAP and other authentication and authorization
solutionsNICE TO HAVE
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage diverse and challenging workload effectively in a highly demanding environment