As a TETRA Base Transceiver Station (BTS) Configuration / Release Engineer in Motorola Solutions you will be responsible for developing and maintaining tools that support and automate processes for software product release. Those include but are not limited to auto build and package pipeline, auto unit testing, auto release note generation, and auto regression testing framework.
You will be responsible for ensuring that code, tools and configurations are stored in source control. You will work with others to complete analysis, evaluations and design alternatives and to implement process improvements. You will collaborate with software engineers to correct build errors.
The growing BTS engineering team handles a dense roadmap of new features with full several-year-long product lifecycle responsibility and depends on a robust configuration management and CI pipeline to do that.
- Install, configure and monitor the product build and CI pipeline used by the SW engineering team
- Troubleshoot build and delivery problems
- Integrate the Product CI pipeline to existing System CI pipeline
- Maintain and enforce the versioning principles (SCMP) used to robustly identify the SW version dependencies and inheritance
- Propose and implement solutions improving the effectiveness of remote work and parallel development
- Handle SW release according to internal processes
- Maintain up to date documentation of current SCMP and product versions
Who we're looking for?
- Communicate fluently with clarity and precision in English
- Minimum 1yr experience in Configuration Management role or equivalent in SW engineering
- Be self-driven and meticulous - able to drive problems to a solution without being supervised
- Practical knowledge of scripting languages (Shell, Python etc)
- Ability to deploy, maintain and enhance build & CI pipeline tools (make, Klocwork, Jenkins)
- Configuration of GIT software versioning system
- Linux skills
Preferred skills (not required, but nice to have):
- Clearcase versioning system experience
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Financial bonus
- Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking