Expect more. Connect more. Be more at Diebold Nixdorf. Our teams automate, digitize, and transform the way more than 75 million people around the globe bank and shop in this hyper-connected, consumer-centric world. Join us in connecting people to commerce in this vital, rewarding role.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineer that will be responsible for maintenance and support of next generation retail software platform. This is a disruptive new software product for the retail space (grocery, specialty retailer, and department stores) based on a cloud-native micro services architecture. It is also an API oriented platform that will form the foundation of a new retail ecosystem for our customers with a new approach to the Point of Sale, store solutions, and core backend integration running from the cloud. NextGen’s technology stack consists of: Angular, Kendo UI component library, .Net Core, Web API, Redis, RabbitMQ, Jenkins, Docker, Git, Jira and Confluence.
Who are we?
We are a small and flexible team of more than 20 developers based in Wroclaw and Katowice. In our day-to-day work we focus on fixing bugs and maintaining the software solution for world’s largest retailers. Our typical day starts with a virtual team meeting where we split tasks, share knowledge and discuss the hardest cases. Then we go get the job done. No steps to reproduce? For us it’s not a problem – sometimes you need to play detective to discover what’s really hiding under a reported bug. Every day is a challenge here!
What makes us so special?
- The product we are going to maintain is an innovative retail platform based on microservices
- Flexibility and personal preferences are really important to us: we try to link each person’s area of interest to the existing problems and solutions
- We do not limit the job only to coding: if you’d like to grow as a solution architect or scrum master, you can be involved in such tasks
- We are open-minded, friendly, straight-forward and passionate team!
- are looking forward to be a part of something that will change the world of retail
- like challenges and cooperation with the others
- are eager to learn from more experienced developers
- want to gain experience working with a large system/application in an international organization
- are bored with doing the same tasks over and over again
- prefer to understand the whole system instead of coding one module or a part of the application
- appreciate other activities developer’s job besides coding like planning, estimating, building and delivering the SW
- are willing to take over a role of a technical lead one day
…then this job is for you!
Your job will be to…
- Maintain and deliver bugfixes to high-end solution for world’s largest retailers
- Investigate and repair defects located in existing software
- Work with virtual environment
- Plan deliveries, estimate and implement small change requests
- Mentor, coach and develop junior talent
Who we're looking for?
What do we require?
- 2+ years of experience building, and maintaining web applications
- Experience on backend with C#, ASP.Net Core, Entity Framework, Redis, RabbitMQ, Web API
- Experience with containers, preferably Docker and Kubernetes, understanding of microservices architecture
- Experience with Azure Cloud (or other cloud architecture)
- Experience with full software development life cycle, continuous integration, unit testing, and version control
- Intermediate English
What would be nice to have?
- Contribution to open source projects
- Familiarity of Jenkins, Git, Jira and Confluence
- MS Azure certification
- Experience with SQL/ Non-SQL databases
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages