Python Software Engineer
Cloud and edge computing play a crucial role in IoT systems. We use such architecture in monitoring & management of IoT devices via edge gateways. Our platform facilitates devices’ configuration and provides insight into data coming from many IoT networks that can be used by multiple downstream services, enabling users to supervise their lighting infrastructure from any place in the world. Both areas require a software architecture which takes into account a complex ecosystem of cloud, edge and IoT components.
So if you are willing to transcend cloud and edge boundaries with out-of-the-box thinking and expand your knowledge of the IoT, then this job is for you! You would join our Delta team that designs, develops and delivers solutions to complex IT problems. We also believe that high-quality code is the only way to a great final product, so we use the latest available frameworks and invest our time into Continuous Integration with tests and static code analysis tools.
- design new features and modules for our connected services ecosystem
- deploy software continuously to cloud & edge devices
- have a significant impact on the shape of the product
- develop high-quality code that is clean, reusable & testable
- write unit/functional/integration tests for your code
- take part in solving complex code problems
- contribute to the improvement of the team development process and the Continuous
- Integration environment
Who we're looking for?
- proficiency in Python (3+ years of experience - senior, 2+ yoe - regular)
- knowledge of design patterns: how & when to apply them (especially in Python)
- familiarity with one of Cloud Computing Services (we use AWS)
- tests design & development with a Python test framework (we use pytest and
- good understanding of networking protocols, including TCP, HTTP, SSL
- Linux proficiency
Nice to have
- asyncio & its ecosystem proficiency
- Docker proficiency
- time-series database proficiency (we use InfluxDB)
- CI tools proficiency (we use Jenkins)
- knowledge of Python packaging & environment management
- experience with Scala
How we work?
- Healthcare package
- Hot beverages
- Cold beverages