GSK R&D Tech strive to deliver products and services to our R&D customers that meet the needs of the business whilst being intuitive, efficient, effective and satisfying to use. We require a skilled Tech Lead with experience in development and delivery of flexible, scalable and supportable IT systems to join our Product Team.
Information is the most valuable asset of Pharmaceutical R&D and ensuring its long-term digital preservation and access is essential to handling the lifecycle of our medicines. The Tech products used to support the electronic archival of R&D’s information assets are therefore fundamental to supporting GSK’s purpose to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
The Tech Lead role is accountable for the technical solution design, implementation & continuous improvement of R&D Tech systems in alignment with agile and DevOps principles, working closely with Architecture Director, Product Owners, Facilitators and Product Director. The distinct behaviour demonstrated by a Tech Lead is defined by Innovation, Strategy and Leadership.
- The continuous delivery of technology solutions from product roadmaps adopting Agile and DevOps principles.
- Ensures that technical delivery is fully aligned with GSK Security, Quality and Regulatory standards
- Provides leadership, technical direction and GSK expertise to product teams composed of GSK FTEs, strategic partners and software vendors
- Ensures use of relevant R&D Tech / central services and collaborating with service partners in identification and delivery of service improvements
- Exposure to GxP relevant processes and documentation
- Contributes to release planning and roadmaps working closely with Product Owners and Product Director
- Contributes and aligns solutions to the Target Architecture working closely with Enterprise Architecture team
- Supports Product Owners and product teams to deliver value continuously, encouraging and maintaining close links with customers, related Solution groups e.g. Established Products and Core Tech
- Ensures continuity of business execution i.e. operational support for relevant applications
- Proactively develops and delivers continuous improvement/simplification of Product portfolio to improve user efficiency, increase system reliability and reduce the total cost of ownership
- Keeps relevant user documentation up to date in support of the lifecycle plan for audits/reviews.
- Pro-actively engages in experimentation and innovation to drive steadfast improvement e.g. to UX/DQ/DI and reducing technical debt/risk
Who we're looking for?
- Computer Science or related bachelor’s degree
- Experience with agile development methods, with security strategies and standard methodologies, data integration mechanisms, architectural design tools, delivering and integrating COTS applications, areas of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Application Integration, Business Process Management and Data Quality.
- DevOps & Automation [of testing, build, deployment, CI/CD, etc.]
- Experience with public cloud provider technologies such as Azure or GCP
- Lifecycle / service management, business continuity
- Experience in selecting IT technologies and creating IT strategiesy
- Track record of development and delivery of flexible, scalable and supportable IT systems
- Demonstrated skill in delivering solutions that integrate commercial of-the-shelf products
- Superb communication, negotiation, influencing and partner management skills
- Customer focus and excellent problem-solving skills
- Fluent English
- Experience of Pharmaceuticals processes and systems
- Technical expertise in content management and archiving
- Ability to work in a highly regulated environment, and knowledge of GxP regulations
- Data science (e.g. AI/ML), data analytics & data quality/integrity
- Understanding of the relevant technical and scientific domains Able to deliver continuous change to meet constantly evolving R&D strategy and ambition
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages