About the client: Our client is a UK subsidiary of a global financial house working in multiple markets and asset classes.
About the project: We are looking to expand our team with a Senior Linux Server Engineer. Successful candidate will become a part of a client team responsible for all aspects of the Linux Server estate across the client's organization
About our team: Rapidly expanding group developing and supporting a range of client projects.
About working environment: Our team primary locations are Kiev, Warsaw. We are working remotely in client environment. Currently the team operates fully in WFH mode.
- Responsible for managing, maintaining, enhancing *nix related technologies across the estate
- Part of a team providing 24x7 *nix support internationally with a drive towards automation
- Implementation of automated solutions adhering to the strategic goals within the department
- Project delivery
- Take part in the team rota including on-call and weekend working
- Deliver against team BAU responsibilities
- Identify savings across project & BAU activities to be implemented through automation involving a process flow of Service Now -> AWX -> Ansible / scripting
- Ensure that all project/investment related workloads are delivered according to plans and defined budgets
- Support customer requirements through ticket-based task management as well as implementation of automation
- Take part in daily health and compliance checks for all Production systems as required
- Ensure all Linux/Unix systems are backed up successfully and any issues are promptly resolved
- Validate monitoring alerts are detected promptly and satisfactorily resolved
- Ensure sufficient capacity is available to accommodate projected BAU & project growth
- Respond to emails sent to the team distribution list in a timely manner.
- Handle incidents and requests with efficiency and a "customer first" mindset
- Maintain Linux platforms in a highly available, reliable, secure and performant manner
- General maintenance activities
- Provide technical support to application support and development teams
- Provide consultancy to application support and development teams
- Execute disaster recovery procedures when necessary and take part in regular DR tests
- Ensure patches and security updates are applied as per defined policies
- Maintain all operational procedures to ensure they are current and accurate
- Take part in On-Call & weekend work rotation; triaging and addressing production issues as they arise
- Identify cost saving and optimisation opportunities across the group.
- Build strong working relationships across the organisation
- Adhere to the core values of the bank.
Who we're looking for?
- Red Hat and Solaris in-depth - including system internals and kernel tuning.
- Red Hat Satellite
- Ansible – in-depth knowledge of Ansible is vital for this role.
- REST API integration
- CI/CD pipelines and other automation concepts
- Dev/Ops mentality
- Git or other source code control software
- Security hardening principles in line with CIS industry benchmarks.
- Excellent knowledge of networking, storage, database and virtualization layers.
- Good working knowledge of Python, Perl and Bash scripting.
- Clustering and high-availability technologies
- Replication and disaster recovery.
- Security and auditing.
- Excellent knowledge of data security governance and regulations such as GDPR and SOX.
- TCP/IP Networking Protocols.
- Service Now automation /integration
- Good working knowledge of GitHub, Subversion and TeamCity
- Splunk and QRadar
- Salt Stack.
- VxVM and VxFS.
- NFS and CIFS.
- Understanding of DNS
- ESX VMWare
- Nutanix HCI.
- EMC and HDS storage arrays.
- EMC Networker, Data Domain and IBM Tivoli Storage Manager.
- IBM Tivoli and Netcool
- Active Directory, LDAP and Kerberos
- BMC Control-M
- SharePoint, JIRA and Confluence.
- Working knowledge of cloud computing - IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings across Azure, AWS, GCP and Oracle.