The client is a global technology company that touches nearly every aspect of travel. Their innovative software enables more than a billion people around the world to plan, book and experience their travel at a time and price that is right for them. By delivering the technology behind travel, the client is working magic behind the scenes every day to make the world a better place, one journey at a time.
Team located in Krakow is responsible for acquisition and exposure of DB content for all core products: availability, shopping, booking, and fulfillment of flight connections and tickets.
- Onboarding of Supplier Engineering support team
- Environment access for Eng. team verified & IAM roles defined
- Ensure smooth knowledge transfer of AWS & On prem engineering
- Understanding of ticket assignment Process and Lifecycle
- Identify current toolset configuration and CI's
- Gather and Validate reporting requirements
- Incident, Problem and Change Management Process study
- Jointly work with Sabre to verify KEDB and SOP Documents
- Perform AWS Cloud & On Prem Engineering across Sabre infrastructure
- Track and manage complete Request management life cycle using ITSM tools (SNOW/Rally)
- Create documentation and update knowledge repository for known issues.
- Triaging and escalation of tickets to Sabre Team or third Party as required.
- Access management (authentication + authorization) for the legacy AWS Cloud environment
- Manage, build and patch the CIT systems (Special accounts containing enterprise applications)
- Deploy and configure changes from DBPE Engineering team
- Change infrastructure to support needs from application teams (VPC peering, endpoints, limits)
Weekly and Monthly Reporting
Acknowledge and act on tickets/Rally story within defined SLA
- Create Run books/KBs on new issues and document the same on the tickets
- Update KEDB with known errors and solutions
- Contribute to Technical /Process Service Improvements
- Analyze the environment and optimize the tools & scripts
- Co-ordination with Internal & External teams consistently and take ownership of communication with customers during issue resolution
- Utilize acquired knowledge from previous projects to improve services within DBPE Engineering team.
- Reflecting and managing all the engineering effort on /Oracle/GG/SQL server/AWS maintenance, mostly it's for resolving inc's and sctasks reported on Service Now/ Rally
- Reflecting and managing all the engineering effort on documentation maintenance like updating KA's and KB's which are going to be expired or other docs on somebody request + converting docs after review to KA's.
- keep track on Oracle 19c future efforts, like testing and certifying with any new features, working on any issues reported as part of customer implementations
- Bug fixes - Oracle/Couchbase/GG
- Script Maintenance -
o Health check
o Self Service
Who we're looking for?
Expert in software scripting and automation
Terraform or Chef
knowledge of Git,
knowledge of Linux Operating system,
Knowledge of Cloud Concepts. Familiar with at least one database at proficient level
Building CI CD pipelines in Jenkins or equivalent
Minimum Years of experience - 4 Years in Database Engineering or DevOps roleNICE TO HAVE
Nice to have: - knowledge of databases: Oracle 19c/Couchbase/MySQL/SQLServer/RDS - knowledge of monitoring solutions such Oracle OEM, GG, Grafana, StackDriver, CloudWatch
Certification - Oracle certification / RHEL certification / AWS certification / MySQL certification is relevant