About the Project:
IPV (Individual Price Verification) is a system which provides mechanism for valuation and verification of price of financial instruments. This data is transformed through batches and is provided in the IPV database. As a reporting layer, IPV utilizes OLAP cubes and Tableu tool. The communication and data transport is realized with microservices. The main technology stack consists of .Net framework, Microsoft SSIS and SSRS
Our team: Multicultural team of experts having Developers, Analysts, BI and DevOps working on the system that is an important part of financial data validation and verification.
You will be working as a Scala / SPARK developer on one of our key cloud initiatives to ensure that as a business we get the most out of our technology investment by collaborating with your team and developing high quality cloud based solutions.
- Technologies used - Our main tech stack is .Net C#, WCF, WPF with Sql Server / SSIS/ SSAS/SSRS for our cube reporting
- Opportunities - IPV Technology is one of the respected team in Finance IT. It provides a good opportunity for a new joiner to learn about IPV, Reserves and Prudential Valuation knowledge in addition to tech stack.
- Analysis, Develop and maintain existing cube based reporting
- Interact with business users directly, understand requirements and provide effective and efficient solutions
- Work with L2 team in case of any prod issue or with user queries
- Work with deployment team to release new code into production
Who we're looking for?
Your experience and skills
- Ideally worked as a developer within the finance sector having several year experience with very big applications
- Proven delivery of cloud IT solutions
- Proven expertise in traditional languages such as, Java as well as new languages like Scala and SPARK
- Strong experience with microservice, event sourcing architectures and stream processing
- Experience of building automated test cases
- Experience of agile deliveries in an enterprise environment
- Open minded and like to work with other developers around the world
- Experience with stakeholder management and verbal skills
- A pragmatic "can do" attitude
- Known for achieving deadlines and staying within budget
- Results-driven individual with ability to deliver good quality solutions to tight timelines
On UI side:
- PRISM 4.0 (2+ years' experience)
- Experience with working with 3rd party UI libs (we use Infragistics 2013.2)
- Strong IoC (Unity, 4+ years' experience)
On Server side:
- Strong WCF Experience (3+y) and be able to advise which transport to use.
- Should understand the different WCF binding and end point configurations, and what the best configuration is to use given different connectivity scenarios.
- Strong IoC and good TDD discipline
- Advanced MSSQL Skills, candidate should be comfortable with:
- Create DB objects (table, views, stored proc)
- Ability to performance tune the queries is a bonus
- Good knowledge of IPV process and Equity & Rates derivatives products
- Experience of Microservices, Kubernetes, Docker, Azure Service Fabric, Event Bus, Spark