Chief IT Architect
- HSBC Service Delivery (Polska)
- Employment contract
- Commercial Influence: This role will have influence over the total technology budget within the European region, with values of over $250M.
- Entity/Functional Management - This job will have line management responsibility of Principal IT and/or Lead IT Architects within the European region.
- Relationships - Global Businesses & Global Functions COOs; IT & Excos; Other HOST/SFR Function Heads; Key partnerships with Strategic Vendors
- Strategic Importance - High: Champion the development and implementation of HSBC’s Future State Architecture on behalf of Global Business/Global Functions COOs & Heads of IT.
- Regulatory & Risk – Sustains a risk aware culture across all Global Business and Global Functions within the European region through the design proceses and governance mechanisms. Communicates changes in Architecture policy & governance effectively.
Project you can join
The Chief European IT Architect leads the Global Architecture practice/function in defining and executing the global architecture strategy across HSBC. The job holder shapes the future of Architecture both within HSBC Europe and across the industry. The job holder will be a visionary and thought-leader, shaping the future of technology, having reached the pinnacle of Architectural achievement within the Bank.
Activities in Business Function area:
• Govern the introduction of new techniques, products, services, technologies and standards where needed against identified use cases and taking into account regional and global commercial factors through the appropriate governance bodies.
• Accountable for the identification, management and remediation of material design issues associated with major architectural activities.
Activities in customer area:
• Customer focus – Creates a customer-centred culture, sponsors and leads the development of a competitive, commercially attractive and sustainable customer proposition. Builds sustainable customer strategies based on customer insight and regional markets.
• Strengthening stakeholder relationships, leads strategic relationships. Develops and embeds a stakeholder relationship management strategy, clarifying expectations of roles and responsibilities.
Activities in Leadership & Teamwork area:
• Develop and evolve best practice both within HSBC and in the wider Architectural Standards community.
• Manage a Regional team of architects.
• Build strong relationships with Regional and Global engineering and operations teams aligned to the relevant area, particularly the designers within these teams.
• Responsible for leading the operation of the global practice of architecture.
Activities in Operational Effectiveness & Control area:
• Manage European architecture reviews through the appropriate governance mechanisms ensuring peer review of all activities and governs HSBC’s European Evergreening priorities.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions (FIMs, GSMs, circulars) and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the Group’s standards of ethical behaviour.
Activities in Management of Risk area:
• The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
• The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations
• The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards.
- Tech supervisor
- Open space
- Separate rooms
- Dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Adaptation tips
- Language courses
- Temporary housing
- Help finding an apartment
- Visa Services
- Sign up bonus
- Flight ticket
- Money for moving expenses
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Chill room
- Playroom for children
- Integration events