Lead Web Developer
- Any contract
- Experience with leading a team.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- Experience with work in an agile environment.
- An overwhelming desire to code the best web services on the Internet.
- Hands-on experience with microservice architecture, projects scalability and performance tuning of web applications.
- Experience with TDD, BDD, DDD, Event sourcing.
- Understanding of source control systems and deployment processes.
- Strong understanding of best security practices.
Project you can join
Gamers are the pillars of everything we do. This is why every day we strive to improve the GOG.com experience by adding great new features to our platform and expanding our catalogue with carefully chosen and tested content. We are searching for a leader for one of the web development teams in order to make gamers’ lives even better.
Web Team develops and maintains most of the web-front features available on the GOG.com platform (and most of the web content in GOG Galaxy), alongside with numbers crunching and sales reporting instruments.
- Managing an autonomous, agile development team.
- Providing technical and process strategies for the team.
- Developing and maintaining highly available, scalable web services for millions of gamers around the world.
- Communicating with multidisciplinary teams to ensure all projects are delivered with high quality.
- Supporting the professional development of all team members.
- Staying abreast of best trends by researching new tools, as well as enhancing and further developing existing solutions.
- Sharing your knowledge with other team members and supporting them in solving complex challenges.
How we code?
- Style guide
- Code review
- Pair programming
- Static code analysis
- Code metrics
- Knowledge database
How we test?
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- System tests
- Performance tests
- Manual testing
- Test automation
How we manage our projects?
- Methodology: Agile
- Who makes architectural decisions? Team together with Architects
- Who makes technology stack decisions? Team together with Architects
- Project management software: Jira
- Additional monitor
- Personal container
- Freedom to pick your tools
- Tech supervisor
- Open space
- Separate rooms
- Dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Paid vacation: 20/26 days per year
- Office hours: 8.00 - 18.00
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Adaptation tips
- Language courses
- Temporary housing
- Help finding an apartment
- Visa Services
- Sign up bonus
- Flight ticket
- Money for moving expenses
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Chill room
- Playroom for children
- Integration events