This is an exciting opportunity to use your technical expertise to collaborate with colleagues and build effortless, digital first customer experiences
You’ll be simplifying the bank through developing innovative data driven solutions, inspiring to be commercially successful through insight, and keeping our customers’ and the bank’s data safe and secure
Participating actively in the data engineering community, you’ll deliver opportunities to support our strategic direction while building your network across the bank
We’re recruiting for multiple roles across a range to levels, up to and including experienced managers
We’ll look to you to demonstrate technical and people leadership to drive value for the customer through modelling, sourcing and data transformation. You’ll be working closely with core technology and architecture teams to deliver strategic data solutions, while driving Agile and DevOps adoption in the delivery of data engineering, leading a team of data engineers.
We’ll also expect you to be:
- Owning and delivering the automation of data engineering pipelines through the removal of manual stages
- Developing comprehensive knowledge of the bank’s data structures and metrics, advocating change where needed for product development
- Leading and delivering data engineering strategies to build a scalable data architecture and customer feature rich dataset for data scientists
- Leading and developing solutions for streaming data ingestion and transformations in line with streaming strategy
- Educating and embedding new data techniques into the business through role modelling, training and experiment design oversight
Who we're looking for?
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be an expert level programmer and data engineer with a qualification in Computer Science or Software Engineering. You’ll also need a strong understanding of data usage and dependencies with wider teams and the end customer, as well as extensive experience in extracting value and features from large scale data.
You’ll need knowledge of programming languages in data engineering such as Python or PySpark, SQL, Java, and Scala. And you’ll have an understanding of Apache Spark and ETL tools like Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica BDM or DEI, Stream Sets and Apache Airflow
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Knowledge of messaging, event or streaming technology such as Apache Kafka
- Knowledge of big data platforms such as Snowflake, AWS Redshift, Postgres, MongoDB, Neo4J and Hadoop
- Good knowledge of cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure
- Experience of ETL technical design, automated data quality testing, QA and documentation, data warehousing, data modelling and data wrangling
- Extensive experience using RDMS and ETL pipelines
- A good understanding of modern code development practices
- Good critical thinking and proven problem solving abilities