You will join new Krakow-based team, responsible for the development and support of FX Post Trade back-office systems. The local team collaborates with broader organization of 40+ professionals located around the globe in Guangzhou, Pune, London and Toronto. We deliver multiple changes to production each week with a flexible Kanban-like and agile process that evolves over time.
We are working on an application OPAS (Operation Platform As Service), which is an in-house developed application for Global Market Operations to fulfil business daily operations requirements.
The vision of OPAS is to have
- achieving ultra-scalability without sacrificing performance and availability
- breakdown into components and take efforts to decentralize change management and providing teams with more control over how features make their way to production
- distributed and move away from vertically scaled infrastructure and single points of failures
Not only needed to transform the way we build and operates on a post trade system, and it needed to transform the culture of GM operations.
o Architecting, designing and developing microservice based solutions
o Mentoring and pairing with other developers
o Development of new complex requirements
o Automating testing and deployment of small and frequent releases
o Speaking to product owner and business on features and requirements
o Deploying changes to production frequently and confidently
o Production availability of your service - if you build the service you own the service!
Who we're looking for?
- Worked on architecting, designing and developing following aspects in micro-service based systems
o Fault Tolerance
o Transaction Management
o Communication between services
o Database strategy
o Central Environment configuration
o Distributed Tracing
o Log aggregation
o System level Error/Exception Management
o Versioning for libraries / services considering technical debt
- Work as a hands on application analyst/SME developer to provide application solutions to the business
- Collaborate with Department Level Architects and Sr developers in the global team to deliver the project
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Knowledge and experience in the following areas are advantages:
o Sound knowledge of cloud platform and the use of Kubernetes, Docker
o Sound knowledge of Java (8 and above) backend programming, Spring framework, Spring-Boot and Hibernate
o Experience in designing developing messaging and streaming service with Kafka
o FX back office process, workflows for trade subscription, confirmation, settlement and cash accounting will be added advantages
- Experience in TDD / BDD